growing indoors with soil

sadhu9

I have some plants in 5 gallon grow bags with soil and am growing indoors. I usually use DWC for growing and have never grown indoors with soil. Since it is summer and hot in NM. I wondered how high a temperature these plants could take? I like to save some money and not keep the AC on all the time. Any thoughts?

Sadhu9

i live were its real hot in the summer also .. i really think the strains determine what temps they like. i have my ac on a timer it goes off at 9 at night and comes on at 9 am . ive seen the optimal temps are supposed to b around 70 to 78 but my plants seem to like the low 80s .i also have two fans blowing 24 hrs a day and have to water more often . i guess your timing of your ac would also depend on your light cycle because if u run your light during the day its gonna get hotter in the room .so if u can runs your lights at night . i run a 20\4 cycle so it dosent really mater.

it is impossible to keep my grow room under 80 with it being almost 100 outside .i have great ventilation (2 inline extraction fans ) and two fans blowing on the canopy and around the bottoms of plants .. im sure im paying for it in the long run but money wise i cant afford a second ac unit in there .

You can take a 5 gallon bucket and put a frozen gallon of water in it. In the top of the bucket put a hole and put a desk fan blowing in the whole. Cut 3 holes in the middle with PVC pipes coming out so it fans in 3 directions. You will have to change 1 gallon jugs 1-2 times a day but will blow 40-50 air into ur room. Saving money usually means more work

Back
Top Bottom