Growing on a budget

Your gonna love it here. I had been on another forum before i found my way here now that im here i never looked back to the forum i had been on before. :420: Is a great community and a awesome place for anyone who is wanting to get started growing or even just sharpening up your skill.

Ya everyone one here at :420: Are always eager to help and spread their knowledge. :tokin:

Ya i haven't even been over that way myself lol lots to do and read on this site lol. Are you gonna be starting a grow journal?

Nothing wrong with working on a tight budget. I've had discussions about this when it comes to computer building. Some people think you have to spend top dollar on the absolute best components or you're wasting your time. Others, including me, can build a good 'nuff computer for a lot less money.

I think the same thing applies to growing. For example, there are some "gold-standard" lighting setups, and they seem to work great, but if you can get satisfactory results with CFLs, why not save some money?

As for using Miracle-Gro, I think a lot of the hate that stuff gets comes under the category of what I call "noob knowledge". People read that Miracle-Gro is bad stuff, so they tell everyone else it's bad stuff, just so they sound informed. Other people repeat the story without checking themselves. I've looked into this particular subject, and almost nobody who disses Miracle-Gro can give you a rational, evidence-based argument against it. I prefer organic soil myself, but that's mainly because I have lots of stuff in the yard to make it with. In other words, for me it's the "cheap" alternative to chemical fertilizers.

So I applaud your approach.

Ya know when i started this thread i had the bare minimum and slowly as time went on i collected more and more of what i probably should have but hey even with the upgrades ive done I still am cheap. For example just got myself a led panel for my flowering box but i still went with one that wasn't super expensive but was decent and the led panel isn't running anymore watts then what i was using for cfls its just more efficient. I would say that if you haven't ever grow before and want to give it a try dont listen to people who say you gotta spend a lot of money on equipment because you can start like i did and if you end up liking it collect upgrades as you go. Here's my last harvest under cfls
WP_20151227_18_56_58_Pro.jpg
WP_20151227_19_04_56_Pro.jpg

Yeah, thats about how much i got off my 1st cfl grow too. It wont win any awards but its something i grew myself and its plenty for now. Not to mention the fun of the actual growing process itself. Thats the best for me. Seeing what i can make for the littlest amount of money and having it work.

Exactly! I never expected to get super big yields with my methods but so far my set up has pretty much paid for itself twice now. Currently I am working on kind of a micro hempy sog. I pretty much throw rooted clones directly into flowering.
WP_20160110_22_41_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20160110_22_42_54_Pro.jpg

These girls are day 29 now i gotta get some more clones going soon lol

I am the king of cheap!...well ,maybe not...but surely a prince!...lolool...I could afford to use some new tech...butt...if it ain't broke...why fix it!?...I was fortunate enuff to be privy to cast offs and some trial chit thru my werk...old T5...T8...and some low power HPS wall packs...I also incorporate some CFL's as well...usually warm during flowering...all of which were Gratis!!...that was four years ago. and some were added as became available...I've been happy with results(personal best 2 years ago...2#'s off 9 girlz)...especially when I started I had no idea of what I was doing, so putting out a lot of dough seemed a risky idea for el cheapo!...lol...I will prolly invest some money this coming season...an inline charcoal fan/filter(can finally tell the neighbors I got rid of the skunks under my shed!...lolool)...as a parting gift on my retirement...I was gifted a bunch of 14 watt LED bulbs(100 watt equivalent) in both warm and cool temps...I may try substituting them for the 6 54 watt ho T5's...not sure yet...my power consumption is well under 1000 watts for a 8X8 room as is, but to bring it even lower and get similar results would be a cheapo bonus!...including a pic of my hillbilly set up with the girlz this past season at the flip...doesn't show well but was experimenting with some 12 watt LED tubs as side light(work with any T8 rapid start ballast)...gratis of course!!...lolool...as I begin my retirement...it seems more clear that by saving dollars, I buy more time in Mexico during the off grow season...cheerz!...h00k...

P10505771.JPG

Been squirreling away money for a few months and was finally able to snag to 300 watt mars panels, a small humidifier and a canister fan. Woo hoo! Still using my diy cfl hood for the time being tho. I put so much work and thought into it i have to use it for at least a few weeks. Lol. I must say that the $70 i spent on a tent is money well spent. So much better than my homemade boxes ever were.

Sounds like ya have a good plan! Ya i collected as i went too. Here's my current flowering girls
WP_20160128_02_39_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20160128_02_19_33_Pro.jpg

I'm running on a budget too. DIY dresser to cab, DIY ecofelt pots, DIY CO2 generator, CFL bulbs. You do what you gotta do to make it work, and if you're that determined, work it will.

Back
Top Bottom