Growing Up But Not Out

Slayer84092

I got a bag of some AWESOME stuff a few weeks back and I found a seed in it, so I decided to plant it and see what happened. It sprouted, and it's been doing great so far, except for one thing. It's growing, a lot, but in a way I haven't seen before. It's just over 6 inches out of the soil, but its only a 16th of an inch thick, and it's only developing one set of leaves. It still doesn't need to be propped up, but it leans pretty far over. Could this be due to the strain or is this a potential problem?

It was all sunlight until this afternoon. I went to check out a hydro shop in the area I just recently moved to, and I got a KILLER deal on everything I needed :). Now It's inside under a 600 watt lumatek HPS light with a switchable ballast set to 600w (I don't know much about the "super lumens" setting so I haven't used it yet). It was recently watered, so I won't be giving her any until she needs more, but I got Foxfarms Grow Big and Big Bloom, and I'll be picking up some Tiger Bloom in a few weeks. It's already in a 70-30 mix of ocean forest soil and perilite. On a side note, I've never used these nutes before, I just used some natural compost to fertilize, should I PH my water BEFORE or AFTER adding nutes?

Definitely stretching, but it sounds like you've already purchased the solution. :)

My girls spent their first few weeks of life on my kitchen window sill for lighting, and they stretched like mad.

Not sure about your nute question, BUT...don't give it any yet! It's a baby and anything other than PHed water could be quite overwhelming.

And you may already be thinking of this, but try to get your hands on more seeds if possible. It would be a shame to pay the electricity bills on a 600W light only to end up with a useless male plant.

Oh hell yea its not just the one. I had adopted a female Blue Dream from a friend. It wasn't doing well when I got it and it ended up dying 2 weeks later. I tried to clone it but was unsuccessful. I got 4 clones of white widow from another guy. I figure white widow is a good solid strain, its got a good yield, and it's potent. There's a lot of strains I'd like to try growing, but I need to get more experience first.

Same soil I use right now. You don't need to fertilize them for a while...like 3 weeks with that soil. You've got a lack of light, but it seems you figured that out.

Don't over-feed those plants. The Fox Farm has nutes in it already.

Back
Top Bottom