Growth Time Line-1st Timer

Tejas

full

Could you please give me a general time line for the life of an indoor glow closet grow. My plants seem to be growing so slow. It is probably just 1st timer impatience. Please give estimated times of seedling stage, vegatation stage, flowering stage and the average estimated plant height of that stage. I have included a picture of my plants and closet.

This grow is from bag seed in 2.5 gallon hempy buckets, using 4 parts perlite/1 part vermiculite. They are under 12-27w 41K CFL lights in a roughly 2.5' x 2' x 5' mylar covered grow closet. I have a fan on the plants and a fan exhausting the closet. My tempetures range from 82 F to 90 F.

They have been in the closet for almost 4 weeks, first in soil pots and transplanted into hempy containers about 2 weeks ago. They are probably still in a pot to hempy transition period.

I have fed them with a basic plant fertilizer (MG) at half strenth and just recently gave them a taste of fish fertilizer.

A big thank you in advance and appriciate the great forum here.

ball park 110 days sprout to finnish. pending on strain. kinda warm in your room a little cooler might help:peace:

Welcome to 420magazine, Tejas. I would agree with Fish, that your temps do seem a little high. Have you tried the links on how to grow marijuana? There is good information there that would more than likely answer your questions. I have the link in my sig line.

Hey thanks for the reply and the advice fish cake and queen tokelove.

My stealth closet is a work in progress. I need to upgrade my fan out of the closet and probably run a 6" a/c duct to it. I currently have a 8" in-duct fan out of my box that doesn't move many cfm. I have upgraded to a better nute package (Technaflora RFS).

To answer your question Queen. Yes, I have looked at many of the links and found so much good information here. Almost information overload.

Thanks again y'all!

To answer your question Queen. Yes, I have looked at many of the links and found so much good information here. Almost information overload.

That's great! The reason I asked was because a lot of new growers due to their excitement, I guess fail to read the links first. I know it is still information overload for me and I have been here almost a year. I take it in bits and pieces at a time unless it is something I am currently doing then I still try to cram everything. And that's where the problems start for me..lol...

I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability, mind you I am not an expert or master grower just a novice who believes in sharing what told to me or what I have experienced with my own grows, ok?

vegatation stage, flowering stage and the average estimated plant height of that stage.

I have read and was told that minimum veg time should be 8 weeks but some have vegged longer than that. I have two plants now that his been in veg going on 10 weeks. One I am going to make a mother so she is going to stay in veg, the other will be put into flower soon. Flowering stage, the minimum should also be 8 weeks but it depends on the strain you're working with. Usually when you get some good genetics, the place you get them from will give you information or an estimate of how long that strain takes to flower. Some people go more or less depending on what type of high you want and the color of your trichomes. They also provide the height of the plant too. But whatever size you want your plant to be while in flowering stage it will usually double it's size. And since you're using bag seed, it will be kind of hard to pin point. Is it a sativa or indica?

Also about your heat issue, until you get it corrected, is it possible for you to have the door to your closet cracked a little bit? I have a small fan in my closet, I can't run any type of fans like you have. Usually when my temp spikes, I crack the door open for a few to allow air to come in. Or else change up your lighting schedule so that your lights are on at night and off during the day. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps til someone can come along who can provide more detailed information for you.

Queen T

Yea, thats exactly how it is for me too.....taking in the bits and pieces along the way and delving deeper in the areas of immeadiate concern. I have had good results so far, my 4 seedlings from bag seed have all been female except for 1 that is kinda stunted (indica) and probably won't make it. I'll post some pictures of my grow next week for you to see. I think they are 3 indica and 1 sativa.

Do you grow in soil? Are you all organic? When I jumped in, I thought the hempy method would be the way to go, so here i am. I have seen a cool 5 gal bucket dwc set up that i am getting materials for to try on next grow. I think I'm going to try it and a organic soil grow together on the next grow.

As for the tempetature, thanks for the thoughts. I'm going to cut down on the hours as you suggested to cut down on the heat. I'm currently 24/0 and will go to 18/6 next week when i start the veg nutes. I have been able to keep the door cracked or open, but now my youngest son (19) is home from college and in the house, so i have to keep it all closed and locked. The reduced hours should help with the heat build-up. What hours do you veg in?

Again, thanks for the advice and i enjoy your kind manner. I'd pm you, but I have many post until I have that privilage. Hope you have a great day and talk to you later.

I have had good results so far, my 4 seedlings from bag seed have all been female except for 1 that is kinda stunted (indica) and probably won't make it. I'll post some pictures of my grow next week for you to see. I think they are 3 indica and 1 sativa.

Well you have a good track record so far with them all being females. I think out of all the bag seed I had used for my grows, only 2 ended up being males. If it's stunted, it should still make it, prolly just be smaller unless it's on it's last leg and is about to die. Don't give up on her yet. I look forward to seeing those pics, if you want, you can check out my journals.

Do you grow in soil? Are you all organic?

I started out growing in soil, now I am soilless since I now grow in coco coir. And my nutes are organic, I use Blue Planet Nutrients. He is also a member of the forums as well as a sponsor. Plus his nutes are affordable and I have seen great results since using them. I don't know if you have been checking out the journals here but there are a lot of us who uses his nutes. We are called the BPN Army. I have thought of experimenting by doing a soil and a coco grow sometime in the future.

As for the tempetature, thanks for the thoughts. I'm going to cut down on the hours as you suggested to cut down on the heat. I'm currently 24/0 and will go to 18/6 next week when i start the veg nutes. I have been able to keep the door cracked or open, but now my youngest son (19) is home from college and in the house, so i have to keep it all closed and locked. The reduced hours should help with the heat build-up. What hours do you veg in?

Oh well I assume running lights 24/0 would make it a bit hot. I am on a 18/6 lighting schedule, lights come on at 6pm and go off the next morning at 11 am. But with my next grow I may try the GLR lighting routine...A member Twelve12 swears by it and has had very good results from it. Here is a link so you can check it out...I totally understand about not wanting your son to stumble onto your grow.

The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis

No problem about the advice, I love helping when I can. Plus, I am a people person so I love a good chat too. When you are able to PM, feel free to hit me up if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom