Half-Ass First Grow

Also, how long should i wait before starting flowering? I think I'm probably going to keep it in the smaller box for this grow, which means I can accomodate for another maybe 4-5 inches of vert growth.

Also, how long should i wait before starting flowering? I think I'm probably going to keep it in the smaller box for this grow, which means I can accomodate for another maybe 4-5 inches of vert growth.

A plant once introduced to flower will typically triple in size.

A plant once introduced to flower will typically triple in size.

You don't mean height right or is it the overall bulk of the plant? As a general rule most plants will grow 1.5 times their end vegged height. Of course, some will more than double in height and others start to crawl in height growth.

:peacetwo:

Noticed some curling at the tips of my leaves. Everything looks a dark green. I know curling is due to either a pH, water, too much Mg or a heat problem usually. I think my watering is spot on, and the heat isn't the issue. I still don't own a pH meter (anyone have a suggestion of where to purchase one that isn't online? I'd rather just go pick one up now). And I haven't fert in a week or so, and even then it was a quarter mixture so it wasn't a very strong dose.

If the pH is a little high, if I add a little bit of vinegar to the next watering, how much would it take to correct a maybe .5 pH difference?

Bought one of those 2 pronged meters that does moisture/pH and light and plopped it in the soil. The pH was definitely high as I already knew by the increasingly curly leaves. I found some pH down made for pools/spas and mixed it up in a small concentration in a plastic bottle. Just watered her (she was due for that too) and will report back with results.

Yeah I understand that's a risk but I literally went all over around here and it was the best I could find. All anyone else had were test strips. At this point, I'm fine just winging it and basing my best guess on how the plant looks and responds. I've told you guys this is just a fun first try from bagseed so no worries either way.

Cool...thanks. Good to know.

Separate from the issue of salt build up from fertilizers, I read somewhere that plants generate "waste products" that can build up in the soil and cause problems. This is particularly true if there is not enough run off during watering, and for this reason it is not an issue in greenhouse or outdoor growing, but indoors it can be a problem. Is this true?

:thanks:
:peace::rollit:

Plants DO NOT excrete waste through their roots! Anyone who tries to tell you different is full of their own waste. Just Google respiration, stomate and vacuole.

Been having a few issues still but I switched over to 12-12. Shes getting tall as is and it's been long enough. How long until I can know about sexing? I've heard sometimes you can tell in a few days, is that right?

Definitely female but she has suffered a lot. I've had trouble with proper light schedules, and she's quickly outgrowing her box. Really swamped until Wednesday, hoping to modify the box to give her more room. Poor girl

She's doing ok. Budding nicely. I still have the veg type cfl's (the daylight ones i think?) How important is it to switch out to the other type of cfl's and what are the advantages/disadvantages?

Long time since the last pictures. She's come a long way.

Screen_shot_2011-04-17_at_11_24_24_PM.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-04-17_at_11_24_28_PM.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-04-17_at_11_24_33_PM.jpg
Screen_shot_2011-04-17_at_11_24_38_PM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom