Hanna ph, ec, & ppm reader 3-in-1

trace

I'm thinking about gettin a hanna 3-1 digital reader. I've been researching and im trying to distinguish between the 3 and when and how to use it. I've read that other readers convert EC to PPM but some seems to be unaccurate? So i was thinking about using the EC reader to test the nute before i feed the plants. I'm still pretty confused on all 3 and how exactly do i use it or what i use it on. If anyone would like to chime in and explain to me. Thanks a lot.

Akornpatch said:
There are basically 3 different EC meters and they all have their own conversion to PPM. This conversion number is not totally accurate like the EC number is, but it's close enough. I wouldn't worry about the differential from EC to PPM conversion.

still a bit confused... would u recommend this meter or a different one?

PPM and EC are the same in reality. PPM meters read in EC and convert the readings to PPM so when offered a choice aI would take the meter that reads EC because there are no conversions done. The meter your asking about is a great one IMO. One meter to read the strength of the nutrient solution (EC and PPM do that ) and PH (acidity of the solution) means you don't have to buy seperate meters. This one does it all.

Racefan said:
PPM and EC are the same in reality. PPM meters read in EC and convert the readings to PPM so when offered a choice aI would take the meter that reads EC because there are no conversions done. The meter your asking about is a great one IMO. One meter to read the strength of the nutrient solution (EC and PPM do that ) and PH (acidity of the solution) means you don't have to buy seperate meters. This one does it all.

Thanks for making it clear for me. For the ph do i test the nutrient solution only and not the soil? Thats the part where im still confused. Would i test the nutrient solution before feeding it and afterward test the soil?

Back
Top Bottom