Hard candy question?

cranston1

Does anyone have any tips on making hard candy with honey (hash) oil. While I don't really like doing the butane extraction process. When done correctly and all butane is burned off, the finished product is incredibly strong and has that honey appearance. It just looks like it should be made into candy. I feel like we can conrtol the dose better. Would sucking on a lolli with a few drops of the honey oil work? Or would the the hard candies have to be created from a tincture and a gelatin combined? We are doing well with organic brownies, mini choclates,granola. But we wanna branch out into hard candies and eventually the salve /ointments. Thank you for any input.

I have often pondered this question my self. I think a oil would work great since its relativly low moister compared to tincture and I'm not sure you'd want to use a gelatin as you have to heat them really high which might risk wasting the THC. I figure you'd want to let sugar cool a bit before you added the oil then work it in much the same as you would with your flavors and colors. Though I'm no candy maker thats for sure.

I've done a fair amount of sugar work in my time, not anything with weed though. But i would not add any THC to cooking sugar. Most times you are working with sugar in excess of 300 degrees. That will most likely burn off the thc.

I would look at the thc in the realm color/flavor which is always normally done later on when the sugar cools down. Probably close to 200 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom