Hard seeds to crack?

Flipper

It just seems like the seeds i get today the shells are harder on the seeds and some don't make it. Years back never had a problem. Seeds cracked and the plant formed with out a problem. Now i try scuffing them with sand paper, sock them in water, braking them open with different things. I don't know why this is so difficult today. They seem to have a lot of trouble getting out of their shell. I always use rock wools and had no problems in the pasted.
Just wondering if others had the same problems and how they get around it.

:thank you:
Flip

Usually when I'm examining my seeds for germinating I can always gauge on which seeds my have a alittle bit of trouble out the gate or even which ones may not make it...I had seeds that needed a chisel to open just crack on up once wet for a couple of days...word

when i was breeding i ran across the same thing :hmmmm: my f1's i had to take a razor blade to but my f2's were just fine i think for me it was that i didn't wait long enough with the f1's when growing them those they wer a little premature . hope that helps bro !

Maybe the breeders are not letting the seeds mature long enough or the seed banks are not storing the seeds properly.Anyway my germ rates are low with the new seeds out today.:reading420magazine:

Wow...15 I would has started over like 4 times.....your a trooper...I like to see a rootling in 3 days.....

yeah i know ! but i knew going into to it that i might take that long :thedoubletake: they were my afghan Berries f1's the f2's did a lot better they all popped in 4 days !

Back
Top Bottom