Seeds wont pop

clemsontigz

Hey guys I gotta another question. I recently recieved some seeds from a friend that were strains of Hawian gold and trainwreck. Aprox. 8 seeds. I have 3 seeds left after the germination of the previous 5 . I have tried em in water till they sink and then stick em in a non bleached paper towel thats wet and in a dark place for up to 2 weeks and nothing. I also tried sticking the seeds inside a piece of sandpaper and shaking them to knock the outer shell down to help them pop and nothing. Im not a beg. grower and Im stumped. Ive tried sticking them in a wet rapid rooter and nothing, Im lost on these seeds. Ive never had this problem, My friend had a around 8 seeds out of the same vial of seeds and he had the same problem. I would say that ther fake but he did get one to pop and the plant is doin fine. Its driving me nuts that he got a plant out of it and I didnt ..lol . I can take a clone from his but I refuse to accept defeat :eyebrowsmile: Hit me with some different tips to Germ. I dont wanna lose these last few seeds.. :thumb:

This is how I do it. Works for me well. Yeah, some seeds don't pop. Just how it goes.

Wash hands surgically clean.

Fold a non bleached paper towel in half and "dampen" under the faucet. Sometimes you need to ring it out.

Place seeds in a row on the paper towel. It's really important not to let the moist paper towel come into contact with anything other than your hand and the seeds. Don't lay it on your dirty counter. You don't want anything to cross contaminate and cause any fungal pathogens.

Fold the towel over the seeds. The approx. 12"x12" paper towel will now be folded twice resulting in a 4"x4" square. Place that in a sealed sandwich size ziplock bag and tuck away in a dark place for two days. Sock drawer, entertainment center, under the bathroom sink all make good spots. Dark and ambient to warm temps are key.

Two days later you open up the bag and the strongest already have roots growing into the paper towel. Be careful not to damage the roots.

That's how I do it. No soaking or scarifying with sandpaper. The beans that don't pop weren't destined to do so.

Back
Top Bottom