Harvesting at night or day?

420boogie

Do u chop while lights are on or off? does it matter? And,do u take cuttings while light is on or off?

Hey Irishboy, you're right, they do say to chop just before first light. Though I'd challenge anyone to be able to tell the difference if the weed were harvested in the dark, or in the light. Myself, I opt for as close to the time the lights come on as I can..

As a rule, I like to do all flower room work during lights on, and think it's much less stressful on the plants than dorking around in the dark trying not to affect the light cycle.

Peace,

Farmer Rich

Hey Irishboy, you're right, they do say to chop just before first light. Though I'd challenge anyone to be able to tell the difference if the weed were harvested in the dark, or in the light. Myself, I opt for as close to the time the lights come on as I can..

As a rule, I like to do all flower room work during lights on, and think it's much less stressful on the plants than dorking around in the dark trying not to affect the light cycle.

Peace,

Farmer Rich

i never work on my plants in the dark, i never open the door. its not worth it too me. work on them when the lights are on and let them sleep it off.

i will say i always harvest right befor the lights come on, i never tested it out? but what i did test was leaving one in the dark for 24hrs and that one was a little more potent, but that could have been many things? but it has never done any harm so i do it anyways. why not.

I've grown herbs for cooking outdoors, and learned the optimal time to harvest them is in the early morning, because the chemical activity is at its peak. Early am though is not dark, and it's had a few hours of light, so i'd do it then: 1-2 hours after lights on

Harvest right before the lights come on. That is the time when all the plants liquid food is at it's roots so you will get just the thc and psychoactive oils ALWAYS harvest B4 the lights come on.

Harvest right before the lights come on. That is the time when all the plants liquid food is at it's roots so you will get just the THC and psychoactive oils ALWAYS harvest B4 the lights come on.

But.. Will that even matter if you leave your lights off for 24-36 hours before harvest?

Plus with the flushing of clean water only for the last week.. what could be there?

I am getting ready to harvest this Saturday morning, and the light will have been taken off line on Thursday evening.. will it matter at all when I chop?

Today is my 58 day of flower, I was told by the supplier of the clones that I should harvest at 8 weeks.. it like spot on...kinda surprised it was that close!

He knows his plants, now if he would tell me what the hell they are? Really.. I have no idea yet.. maybe a diesel?

I read 'Some Where" after the flush period of a week or so. the best thing is to stress them with 24 hours of dark. I did 30 hrs due to Work issues.
that seemed to work nicely & plan on that same approach next time.
hang em in th e the dark to dry.
who knows whats left to happen.... its Cuttin time.:)
Peace,
Slag
BTW: I NEVER work on them in the dark period. any tiny light source, an indicator light on some appliance or outlet strip could cause a reset/ confusion and cost a week or so delays. having said that, I did build a 12 GREEN LED light by moding a common Trouble Light & powered from an older printers wall wart transformer., so I kill ALL lights & fire up teh green light , BUT RARELY. get 2 Green LED's wire them in Series, no dropping resister needed. and a 9 volt Transister battey to make a nice GReen light. Super cheap & simple.

Back
Top Bottom