have some questions can anbody answer or give advice?

zierf

well for the first one. I only have one plant in a 5gal DWC bubbler. Was given a clone fully rooted and about 3 weeks into vegg.(plan on cloning from this one to expand) i take a small cup sturr up the nute water and and pull out about 1 cups worth to test ph and ppm and put it back when done. My TDS meter (by sunleaves) will read 100+ ppms where it should be the first time i check ( i always check it 4 to 5 times in a row) then all the other times it reads right where the ppm should be at. Why does it do that? ok on to the next question should u flush before going to the bloom cycle after vegg? if so is there any pro's or con's to this? last one the guy at the hydro store was going over nutes with me, all new to this. I asked what he likes to use. And bought some. Got some cal-max and dutch master gold range( 2 part grow A&B, and 2 part flower A&B) he told me to use 1 tbs. Per gallon of the cal-max then then = parts of the grow A&B till i hit the ppm desired( also i'm using RO water as my tap water is at 400ppm alone) he said to start out at about 500-550 ppm's and increase each week about 100-150 ppm's. Then start off the flower with the same 1 tbs cal-max per gal. And the flower A&B AT 900 ppm and ad about 150 a week till i hit about 1500ppm and leave it around there till i flush. Is that a good feeding practice or should i be doing something else? is there any additives i should be adding in bloom? for better buds. Thank for any input anybody can give me.

not sure what your asking about the meter. Please elaborate on that one.
Can't comment on the nutrient as I refuse to use multiple part nutes anymore. I use pure blend pro only and have had great results. one part for veg and one part for flower. No way to screw it up. But Cal mag is needed with ro water and the directions for it sound fine. You should be using the amount of nutrient that is listed on the bottle, not what some store clerk says. he is right about starting at a lower TDS and working your way up but some strains don't require a lot of nutrients and 1500ppm might burn yours so watch the plant. It will tell you if it needs more or not.
Some flush when switching to flower. i don't. i like the extra nitrogen the veg formula provides. i maintenance flush every 4 weeks or so anyway.
Additives are crutches. While some might help some, the best advice I can give you is to dial in your grow and concentrate on controlling your environment. Big yields do not come from a bottle. they come from care and genetics.

not sure what your asking about the meter. Please elaborate on that one.

the best advice I can give you is to dial in your grow and concentrate on controlling your environment. Big yields do not come from a bottle. they come from care and genetics.

it just i pull out about 1 cup of water and check the ppm"s. i always check it about 4 times in a row from the same cup of water to get a average as most of the time the results flucuate at arount 20+-ppm"s or so. but most of the time the first check is about 100+ where it should be at and evry time after that is comes out in the right range as i set up the nute water to be at

and about the controlling your environment. heat build up is a prob.

for the bloom i have a 150w self contained hps( ballest is in the hood reflector) also have a remote ballest and bulb with a wing reflector that is 400w hps. in a small space (my closet is about 8"Hx5"Lx3.5"W) i know my 150w all in one hps makes the closet avr. temp 82F and the temp at the top of the plant 88F.would just the bulb for the 400w hps in the closet( ballest would not be in closet) make the room hotter then the 150 all in one?

if so, i have a off the shelf 400w hps. is there any 400w hps that are better for bloom with and give off less heat

The 1st reading u see will not be accurate in pen style meters unless u have they type that compensates for temperature. Let the meter sit in the solution for a minute. I suggesting stirring it around in ur res for a bit to get the most accurate reading possible IMO.
Yes flush b4 going into flower. Not absolutely necessary but recommended (at least once a month.) Flushing helps wash out excess salts that build up in the soil that comes from nutes (especially chemical nutrients. Dunno if organic growers flush).
Some employees at the dro stores know their stuff and some think they do. My advice with nutes is to follow the directions on the bottle startin with 1/4-1/2 strength to make sure ur plants can handle them. U can always pick one or 2 to test on. I agree with racefan on most of this.

Back
Top Bottom