Healthy munchies

Montavale218

So for the past couple of months I've been trying to drop a few pounds. It was impossible at first because of the munchies haha. Also I posted this here because I didn't think it fit the 420 kitchen forum.

Anyway about 3 months ago I decided to start stalking my fridge with healty munchies and I found when I eat healthy munchies when high I feel a lot better (body wise and high wise)

3 months in I've lost about 20 pounds.

I've been eating grapes, oranges, apples etc.. for munchies but I've found a few that some of you might like that I wanted to share

1: nutty banana

Take a handfuld of nuts ( whatever kind you like, I usually use almonds and walnuts) and crush them up thin

Then take some yogurt and a banana. Spread the yogurt on the banana then roll it in the crushed up nuts till there evenly spread.

Put a stick in the top of the banana and freeze it for an house. After you smoke go to your fridge and enjoy.

I also like making a plate of cut up fruit (apples, oranges, grapes, etc..) and putting it in the fridge in the morning so i forget about it, then when I'm high and go to my fridge I am pumped to find it.

bad idea to smoke then write this...Im starving!

What are some healthy recipes of your own? for munchies or a meal
:popcorn::roorrip:

If you are a ice cream fiend but dont want to indulge on all those calories try putting some grapes in the freezer. When they are done they are a little piece of heaven and almost have a consistancy like frozen yogurt and they last a little longer then just popping thawed grapes in your mouth. Yum.

i feel ya on the fruit platter dude.. I do the same, also with veggies. Cut up some carrots, mushrooms, celery, add some crackers and maybe a bit of ranch to dip it in, and you have yourself a winner!

I also find myself cutting up a brick of cheddar and eating that with crackers, and mixing it with the veg platter. Good stuff.

i knew i shouldn't have read this thread while stoned, now i'm off to raid the fridge... anyway congrats montavale for the weight loss :goodjob:

I am printing this thread and using it as a shopping list.... I can't wait to make the nutty banana (so high spelling banana is fun)... and I'm gonna sell it to the wife with the vegie tray.... which I will eat too....

In reply to OP - dude that banana sounds delicious!

I love healthy munchies, I go for fruit (granny smith apples are gold) or nuts.

One of my favourites is home-made garlic bread. I use fresh bread rolls from the local bakery, store bought crushed garlic, whipped-spreadable butter. I cut the roll in half, chuck it face down on the sandwich press till it's lightly toasted then spread your butter and garlic. Bloody beautiful mate!

@Cherryeyes - yes yes

@KillaOJ - definitely gotta try the frozen grapes!

Cheese and crackers are GOLD, especially soft cheeses.

edit-
Great thread by the way :cheesygrinsmiley:

oooh yeah, chips and salsa is always a winner!

recently I've been picking up this olive bruschetta type spread and eating it on small crackers, preferably the melba thins.. It's so good.

cottage cheese* and fruit(fresh or canned**) = OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMN...... healthy nom nom's FTW!!

*low fat, not non-fat. non-fat cheese of any kind is just wrong

**light or no sugar added.

I usually do sushi. Something along the lines of a California roll - pretty easy to make at home, just gotta be willing to put in the time and effort. I went to culinary school, so it's not that hard. My rolls usually consist of short grain rice, nori, cucumber, avacado, and either tuna or crab. Sometimes with a little bit of spicy mayo and low-sodium soy sauce. Toasted sesame seeds add a little bit to the flavor profile.

Not as healthy as just fruit, or fruit with yogurt/cottage cheese, but it's still rather healthy.

All of these ideas sound so good!

I've been doing apples and peanut butter lately. also celery with pb and raisins (ants on a log)

Hemp seeds make great munchies. :grinjoint:
They are also very good for you.

hempseeds.jpg

So for the past couple of months I've been trying to drop a few pounds. It was impossible at first because of the munchies haha. Also I posted this here because I didn't think it fit the 420 kitchen forum.

Anyway about 3 months ago I decided to start stalking my fridge with healty munchies and I found when I eat healthy munchies when high I feel a lot better (body wise and high wise)

3 months in I've lost about 20 pounds.

I've been eating grapes, oranges, apples etc.. for munchies but I've found a few that some of you might like that I wanted to share

1: nutty banana

Take a handfuld of nuts ( whatever kind you like, I usually use almonds and walnuts) and crush them up thin

Then take some yogurt and a banana. Spread the yogurt on the banana then roll it in the crushed up nuts till there evenly spread.

Put a stick in the top of the banana and freeze it for an house. After you smoke go to your fridge and enjoy.

I also like making a plate of cut up fruit (apples, oranges, grapes, etc..) and putting it in the fridge in the morning so i forget about it, then when I'm high and go to my fridge I am pumped to find it.

bad idea to smoke then write this...Im starving!

What are some healthy recipes of your own? for munchies or a meal
:popcorn::roorrip:
Maybe not as healthy, but pretty healthy, yummy & quick.
1. Take a soft corn tortilla, put in a pan & turn on stove.
2. Spoon in a tablespoon or two black beans (I
Iike to get prepared beans from Chipotle, but canned black beans will do fine. When I use canned beans I top em with Sriracha hot chili sauce).
3. Covered with shredded cheese. I like cheddar.
4. When the cheese melts fold remove from pan.
5. Fold it over, the soft tortilla will set as a firmer shell.

The protein keeps you full longer.
Two or three of these will fill you for hours!

Back
Top Bottom