Heat humidity problems

Tazgreeny

hi can anyone help me i have a humidity problem when my lights are on the daytime i cant get the humdity out of my grow room under 60 % ive turn the extractor dwn to a minimum to try get it lower and it bilds up again i speed the fan up it goes to 70% at night with lights of blackout with the extractor fan at minimum i can get it down 58%

Is there away of turning down my light as i have digi dimmable 120-600w iam runing 600w hps sunblaster
can i turn it dwn to 400w but will it damage my bulb at 600w will this help with my humidty problem can anyone help me please as this is my first time proper grow and my buds are in there 5 week and ive got to get the humiditiy dwn to 50% weeks 6 i need to get it dwn again to 45% by week 8 to 40% so all the help i can get will be very helpfull thankyou to u all god bless:thanks:

70% humidity at dark/60% at light is a little high but should not be a major problem. As long as your air in your room is being replaced every minute or two you should be fine.

If you're still worried about humidity causing bud rot you can heavily defoliate your plants during the first few weeks of flowering to allow better airflow and prevent an excess of moisture buildup.

You can also get a dehumidifier for your grow room, or if it's small enough I've seen people use dessicants.

Check the humidity outside your grow room, because there may be nothing causing high humidity in your grow room.

I may have also misread your post, but you're saying you turn your fan speed down to lower humidity, which would actually raise your humidity unless your in an area where the humidity outside your grow room is much higher.

TL;DR Wouldn't worry about reaching specific humidity/temperature numbers. I'd leave your exhaust fan on med/highest at all times, unless it's getting too cold at dark. Cover any exposed moist soil or medium. A dehumidifier is the only sure way to fix excess humidity, but usually unnecessary.

Found if we control temp. and RH in house, grow tent temps and RH can be easier to control. Our house only has one door it's on bathroom lol. Don't have one room we can close and control. Don't know much but that's what we learned after many days of testing. Hope that helps happy growing:Namaste:

I agree with Atulip that your RH is acceptable, if you take precautions. There is a chance of budrot for the plants in mid-late flowering when the buds get dense. Keep the movement fans on in the flowering area 24/7. Consider defol, applied wisely, to increase airflow.
Airflow is your greatest weapon against mold issues.
I lived with RH in the 80s and 90s for years. Yes that's too high- but I managed. Now I have a small dehumidifier for the night periods and that's helping a lot. Still fine tuning the dehum thing. At the 'low' setting I have my dehum on currently, the night RH is still in the 70s, and I'm not having mold/rot issues though I'd like to get the RH lower if I can.

hi can anyone help me i have a humidity problem when my lights are on the daytime i cant get the humdity out of my grow room under 60 % ive turn the extractor dwn to a minimum to try get it lower and it bilds up again i speed the fan up it goes to 70% at night with lights of blackout with the extractor fan at minimum i can get it down 58%

Is there away of turning down my light as i have digi dimmable 120-600w iam runing 600w hps sunblaster
can i turn it dwn to 400w but will it damage my bulb at 600w will this help with my humidty problem can anyone help me please as this is my first time proper grow and my buds are in there 5 week and ive got to get the humiditiy dwn to 50% weeks 6 i need to get it dwn again to 45% by week 8 to 40% so all the help i can get will be very helpfull thankyou to u all god bless:thanks:

many thanks to u all keep u posted

right had a good chat with a grow man ive know had away with my lamp air flow and runing just a extractor fan running at slow speed and opened a side vent pocket also a room door open were i have stuck 4inch pipe duckt with a bend like a s shape and knw im getting better control im at 26.7% at day with 50% humidty with lights on and a turned dwn fan to move air 2 at night my temp is inside tent 22.7 and 54% humidty with lights out with the side pocket vent left free to naturel air with no fan seculating a slight fold in my tent aparantly this is a right way of doing it as im just starting week 5 so here goes a try :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom