Heat issues in my grow tent

Tamir

Good evening everyone,

Any and all help is appreciated. I have a 2.8x2.8x5.3' tent with three 6" duct openings and one 4" duct opening all on the top of the tent and only a rectangle mesh window at the bottom in the middle of my livingroom(no closet space and i live in a high rise apt). I am currently running a 600w air cooled hood (tried with 400w bulb also)with a 6" inline Duct BOOSTER(i know, i know) pushing air thru the hood out out the other side(2 duct openings gone), another 6" inline booster pulling air out of the final top 6" duct opening with no carbon filter(odor, odor, i know). I have a 16" and a 6" fan in the tent for air movement. Only have the 4" opening (which i use for wiring), and the rectatangle mesh window for passive intake.

My temps and humidity suck!! lights on without a spray bottle and with the tent sealed my temps range 95-102f and humidity is less than 20%. I'm toasting my ladies!! even with the lights off my temps are at 82-86f. Currently on my second grow(Special Kush & Special Queen). I abandoned my first grow(bagseedx2) due to heat and other deficiencies(no cal-mag, ph issues, etc)

I know my fans suck but they were free and money is tight. just working with what i have. Does anyone have any tips that i can implement to bring these temps down to a reasonable level? Any and all advice is appreciated. Cant figure out how to rotate the pic. Hope this is good enough.

Tamir

photo586.JPG

Re: Heat issues in my grow tent.

First off you always want to pull air from hood not push. The fan will be twice as good pulling air from light because light has odd shape in side to air will not flow good. Also under heat problems like yours pull air from out side of tent threw light and back outside tent. The use a different fan to move fresh air in and out of tent. The cooler air outside of tent will drop light heat way better then hot air in tent. If you do not have a second line fan then just use a regular fan for now out side of tent blowing in a vent.

Also when you vent from out side to go threw the light back to out side it will no longer pull all your humidity out.

First off you always want to pull air from hood not push. The fan will be twice as good pulling air from light because light has odd shape in side to air will not flow good. Also under heat problems like yours pull air from out side of tent threw light and back outside tent. The use a different fan to move fresh air in and out of tent. The cooler air outside of tent will drop light heat way better then hot air in tent. If you do not have a second line fan then just use a regular fan for now out side of tent blowing in a vent.

Thanks for the input. i'm currently venting from outside of the tent over the bulb and back out the tent. Ive read here its better to push cool air over the bulb rather than pull but i will switch it up tonight and see the results tomorrow. but currently i have two fans, one which will now pull cool air over the bulb and out the tent and the other to exhaust the hot air in the tent. no fan to push air in.Since my tent has ZERO lower vents i had a fan attached to the outside of the tent pushing air in since there was negative pressure in the tent. 'll rearrange some things.

Always less turbulence pulling the pushing so means for air flow better cooling

Always less turbulence pulling the pushing so means for air flow better cooling

Gotcha... I'll see how it looks tomorrow. For now I'm utilizing my veg box. Loud ass fans. Are inline fans(without te speed controller) quieter than can booster fans

Back
Top Bottom