Heat Issues with Bloombox

vapo-eyes

I recently moved my babies to the flower chamber and once that lamp kicked on for the first time, the room temp went from 72 to 81 degrees making the inside of the box go to 86 degrees. Are there any bloombox or cabinet growers that can advise on stealthily venting the air from the lamp to the outside? I've been putting half gallon bottles of frozen water in the res to keep the roots cool but can't keep that up forever.

Thanks BBB, I think the res temp made the girls? unhappy, it felt warm to me, I went super cheap and dropped two frozen milk jugs of ph balanced water in the res and they really perked up. It seems to work, still want something that will allow me to leave for a couple days though, was thinking chiller or portable ac, but venting the air outside the room in a stealthy manner would be the cheap way.. Got any ideas on doing that?

i know bcnorthernlights sells collars and ducting for ventillation, you could probably get them from home depot or somewhere similar as well. if you need help installing the collars and ducting you could try giving them a call, or their online help thingy. My box temp lights on is always around 84-88 and res temp 72-76 and ive never had heat issues and if u also use C02 higher temps is less of an issue.

Your air temp. Isnt to bad , i would worry more about your res. Temp. , do you have a circulating fan ?? ............................ Smokr1

Your air temp. Isnt to bad , i would worry more about your res. Temp. , do you have a circulating fan ?? ............................ Smokr1

I am going to try and mount a small osc fan on the wall this weekend and continue with the frozen jugs in the res till I have a more permant solution. The res was hovering around 79 and the plants started looking sad until I dropped those in there, they keep the water cool throughout the day but want to be able to take off for a weekend and not worry to much.

i know bcnorthernlights sells collars and ducting for ventillation, you could probably get them from home depot or somewhere similar as well. if you need help installing the collars and ducting you could try giving them a call, or their online help thingy. My box temp lights on is always around 84-88 and res temp 72-76 and ive never had heat issues and if u also use C02 higher temps is less of an issue.

CO2 was going to be my next thing, I have the regulator for it and the box is plumbed for it, just need a bottle. At what point in flowering would one want to start injecting CO2 into the equation?

BTW, thanks for the help guys...

as soon as you flick the switch. i had some algea problems with my box so a little extra tip, make sure there are no light leeks into the res. i went a bit ghetto and just used aluminum foil to cover up the sides of the pots.

Thanks bbb, I was worried about algae early on as I've seen comments on it on multiple threads. The box came with cube caps for the baskets, unfortunately, they are too big to load up the veg side with so I had to put them on when I moved to the flower chamber, it ended up chewing up the leaves as I attempted to pull the plant through the hole of the cap...everytime I look at the ones I screwed up I get paranoid and start searching for mites and crap as they do look chewed on. It was only the bigger plants I had trouble with, still makes me paranoid when I look at them. Hey, how do you put the link to a grow in ones signature showing just the title of the grow thread?

If I have to cull any of these I will do the ghetto thing with foil or black plastic as well, sometimes ghetto ain't so bad

Back
Top Bottom