Heat stress or something else?

seatac

So I'm a few weeks into my first indoor grow and it's been a battle.

Lighting: Two 400w mh with hortilux blue eye bulbs
Area: 4'x4'x6.5 grow tent out in the garden shed

Soil: mix of perlite, miracle grow moisture control, organic soil, and black gold. I should have doubled the amount of perlite I put in, not the greatest drainage.

I haven't fertilized yet because the soil has so much in it I was getting nute burn from the start. All of my plants are using the same soil, some are more hurt than others. I have some seedlings in the soil that are doing just fine, while transplanted clones started to show signs of trouble.

Issues so far: Was battling condensation since this is out in an unheated shed. I put more fans and a heater in. I may use the dehumidifier if I can make the shed more airtight.

For co2 I have 4 gallons of sugar water fermenting with a senselife co2 monitor to estimate production. So far I've been able to re-use the yeast for more than 20 days, and it's taken less than a lb of sugar per day to maintain 1200-1600 ppm on the monitor. When I woke up this morning and opened the tent it was at 1350 ppm.

I keep temperature between 85-90 F and humidity ranges around 60%

This plant is called Sweet Willy, a hybrid I bought from the dispensary.
willy.jpg

She's pretty far from the light, and looks like pictures I've seen of over fertilization?

But now leaves on just about each plant are looking like this one:
sick_leaf.jpg

Notice in the blown up part how it's got white streaks? I turned the leaf over and it looks just the same, no bug or anything but just white streaks. All the other plants have a leaf or two with the edges are the same white and are almost like ash, paper thin and just crumble to the touch. I assume that's heat burn?

I was battling I think magnesium def? I sprayed them with epsom salts twice and it helped a bit. I also really diluted like 1/6 dose of some fertilizer with zinc/boron, calcium and micro nutrients.

What else should I do?
I've transplanted a few into pots where I drilled tons of holes and layered the bottom with styrofoam peanuts to promote circulation. The bottoms of the pots seems wet long after watering.

Any other things you notice?

Thanks in advance, I hope to make a journal as I get more progress.
sick12.jpg

sense.jpg

The white "bleach stained" looking marks appear as if it could be phytotoxicity (basically the plant was treated with something toxic or at toxic level that burned the foliage). I've seen this happen to some of my plants after an emergency pyrethrum bombing on more sensitive plants. The concentration of ur spray may have been to strong. Using MG soils, the nute burn and nute problems are to be expected. That's about all I can comment on. Hope it helps some. I think it would be wise to stay away from Miracle Grow soil in the future as it is not formulated for cannabis as are other products.

Back
Top Bottom