Hello, first time in a forum!

ksbst9mm

Hello. I just recently moved to Portland OR from Michigan. I have become a member here recently because over the years whenever I googled something about my grow projects, I ultimately ended up here browsing these forums. I also like that fact that whenever test studies are done they can be posted here regardless if they have different results than the manufactures, who help sponsor this site, claim. On other "green" forums if there is info produced that goes against what a sponsor claims there is a good chance that it will be deleted leaving fellow enthusiasts like you-all and myself with "not-so-up-to-date" info. Information is power... so I respect that fact that people can post here freely (within reason obviously)!! and respect around here from what I have read is a way of life for most people who post here!! What a nice group of people!! So here is a little about my history as a grower. I have always produced solely for personal use, so I have almost never grown more than 4 plants, one time 6. I have done a total of 6 grows. My last grow was like four years ago.

When I was planning my move out here most of my equipment was rather old so I sold all of it, in hopes of buying new when I moved. I really don't know whats current, what really works well, whats quiet, what is gonna last... so forth and so on. I also don't want to start till I get my card. I have documentation from Michigan because I have suffered migraine headaches since early childhood. I have no idea how to go about getting my card or even where to start.

so here are a few questions that I have right off the bat. Since I am new I am not sure if I should post all my questions separately in different forums depending on topic or just ask them all here.... so I will try here. If I'm wrong just let me know, or move this post :)

-So first how do I go about getting my green card in Oregon. I have called a few places, but no answer, no call back.

-I also need to buy everything for a grow from scratch. Where can I find info on products, their reliability, productivity, noise production etc..(I'm thinking I would like to try LED this time around)

-also if anyone knows of good shops around (for anything green related, glass or grow). I have only been here a few weeks and the shops I have been to really suck, lost of cheap glass knock off's and the one hydroponic shop I went to, the guy would have sold me a squirt gun and a dixie cup if I would have let him, he was only interested in how much money he could ring out of me and not the viable information I was requesting from him.

It will take me some time to get used to where to post stuff and what not, so please all, be patient while I learn your ways!

I'm really happy to start learning!! Any help and guidance will be apprecitated!! Thanks to you all in advance!!

Ksbst9mm-

Welcome to 420, :welcome:such a peaceful and informative site.

You've found a very helpful site, well versed in knowledge about growing, legalization, medical sues, and even info on cooking with herb!

And the most helpful MODs you've ever met! Just ask one or any member here for guidance! :thumb:

The home Page is divided into Forums with Topic Titles. Those Forums are divided into THREADS, and those THREADS are divided into POSTS. You started a THREAD in the Forum INTRODUCE YOURSELF and the replies are additonal POSTS in your THREAD.
I wish someone had explained that to me my first day.

Peace :peacetwo:

hello. I received your message and oddly enough I just moved from the same town. I lived between 13 and 14 ,rochester and main. Well not just. 7 years ago.Now we live in st.clair co.Good luck .:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom