Hello out there

Silentbob-420

New to the site as far as creating an account, but have been attempting to absorb as much info as possible from this site for the past few years. So this being my first post will serve a dual purpose, one to let everyone know how grateful I've been for the information I've gathered and also for some advice on my new setup.

I'll try my best not to be long winded, but it just seems to happen. I will try to be as detailed as possible, but if I left something out please ask.

My current location is unfortunately going to include veg and flower in one space. My garage is a pretty good size 2 car variety and has 13 foot ceilings. I painted everything twice with killz original. Sealed side door and the garage door with panda film. No Co2 yet, but in the very near future.

The current items I'm working with are as follows:

1 sunsystems 1k HPS magnetic ballast. Seems pretty decent even though its a few years old.

1 1k HPS eye hort new.

Older sunsystems 1 hood or something. Very old, looks like someone added 4" exhausts to the hood as it doesn't look like it came that way. Still a decent footprint, looking to upgrade to xxxl ocho.

1 generic very old school mag ballast 400w MH. very proprietary, currently using as a drop light with a 400w mh sun master cool deluxe new.

1 6" blockbuster hood with an eye hort MH 400w daylight blue bulb new with a new 400W mh ballast by sunsystems.

Those 3 HID's comprise my flowering setup currently.

Next to the flowering plants I have a DR120 secret jardin grow tent. Seems like it will be lightproof as long as I can wrap/wind enough ducting for the intake (s) of the tent to eliminate light leak?

Inside the tent I have a sunblaze 48 HO t5 with the 6500k bulbs. Hoping to add a small oscillating fan into the tent at the time I get it going.

I have an 8" vortex inline attached to an 8" phresh both rated at 747 and 750 I think respectively or vise versa.

This is above the garage door frame primarily as an air scrubber. I was tempted to attach a 6" reducer between the phresh and vortex to allow me to then sync up the 4" port on my 1k HPS and the 6" port on my 400w eye hort, but was very concerned about how little air would be pulled through the filter?

I should mention that currently both of my hoods do not have any ducting ran to them and no glass, but the glass could easily be put back in....well not soo much on the older hood as the tape will reduce some of the footprint.

I have a 6" phresh filter in the tent that is being pulled by a 6" can fan RS6HO 392cfm, which I guess is the can fan's better versions. Seems pretty legit.

I'm currently trying to acquire some used vortex 4" fans to use as intake or possibly use 1 for intake and 1 for exhaust on the tent? Then I could use the 6" inline on the hoods and use the 8" inline still as an air scrubber?

I guess my main issue is that I had to get into flower ASAP, so I currently don't have my tent going. Dont currently have enough pieces (or do I?) to get it running correctly as far as being light proof and not imploding from neg pressure.

Also I noticed that when I close the tent, that t5 seems to really put off some heat. Looks like I need some seriously cold intake air to help balance it out, or I guess if I get the proper air flow with hopefully those 2 4" vortexes?

Oh yeah, it's winter and cold so that's helping as I dont have an AC yet, or unfortunately dehumid which I need ASAP as well. Both will need to be taken care of before summer obviously. Temp stays in the 73-75 range right above the canopy so I'm guessing right under the lights its probably not too bad. Keeping them 18-24" above right now. Hoping once I get the fan situation taken care of I can get the lights closer as the heat will be drawn away finally.

So yeah I guess at this point I'm probably rambling, so thats the jist of my setup. Any and all proposed solutions/suggestions will be taken to heart :peace: Keep up the good work.

Thanks

Silentbob

Back
Top Bottom