Trying to figure out the best way

UrbanGrower

Hello everyone!

I've found a lot of helpful journals on this site and have decided to join this great community.

Went to the hydro store recently and bought...

Secret Jardin II DR150 Tent(5x5x6.5)
6" SilverStar Air cooled reflector
1000W Hortilux bulb with Lumatek ballast
6" Vortex in-line fan
Can-Fan Filter 50...

It seems to me the best way to do this would be putting the Carbon Filter on the ground beside the tent. I would have the in-line sucking air through the Air cooled hood and dispersing the air through the Filter. Is it okay to have only one side of the hood ducted like that? Is there a more efficient way? The Filter is a little to heavy to hang in the tent.

All help is greatly appreciated

Re: Trying to figure out the best way...

So you want to have one end of your hood open, then the other connecting to your fan. Which would basically suck air through your light from inside the room then blow the air through your carbon filter which is placed outside. Is this right?

There are a few minor problems with that, that I can think of.

However typically you want the carbon filter first. Also you usually want to hook your light up to its own fan and ducting then use a complete separate one for the airflow.

Re: Trying to figure out the best way...

Thank you for getting back to me Jimmycricket

I definitely thought that was the way it's suppose to be done but I've come across a few different techniques.

Organic Round 2 - 3 x Confidential Cheese - 3 x OG #18 and 3 x White Russian

Does this seem like a bad idea? I would just prefer not to buy another in-line fan because of the price

This seems to be my plan for now...and if temps become an issue I'll resort to image 2. How does this look?
This_right_-1.jpg

This_right_-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom