UG's Utopia

UrbanGrower

Hey there, 420maggers :welcome:

I've started a new journal, but things are going to be way different this round. I'm going to keep it as simple as possible, and deal with as little variables as I can.

What strain is it? Bubba Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 70/30 Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Clones
If in Veg... For how long? -
If in Flower stage... For how long? -
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soildro?? Soilless lol
If soil... what is in your mix? ProMix HP
If soil... What size pot? 1/2 gal - 3 gal
Size of light? 800W Veg / Four 600W's Flower
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 78 Day/68 Night
RH of Room/cab? clones 70/ veg 50/ flower 30
PH of media or res? 6.2-6.4
Any Pests ? PM, Mites...everything you get from an outside source
How often are you watering? When they ask
Type and strength of ferts used? Blue Planet Nutrients 3 Part Elite/Early Bloomer/VitaBlue/Liquid Blue/Liquid Seaweed

I'm going to do a lot less talking, and a lot more listening this time around :Namaste:

I'm quite the happy father. Will be spraying with Einstein's Oil weekly once I see resumed growth

IMG_063420.jpg

hey ug im fresh on the forum and need a gooden to get stuck into may i have a front row seat if theres any left lol.
so bubbas a nice strain to grow/smoke have you grew her b4? i tried her a few yrs bk and it was nice although she was quite sqwat
and leafy! wots your pheno like? you say your using a 3part nute so does that mean you run an ro system?
atb with this 1 lad ill be lurkin! as alwayz respect.........

very nice UG. That is going to be quite the forest in no time.

I am going to take the front seat. Keeping it simple is the key to my success and not following a feed chart.

Good luck with the new grow man + reps as well.

I appreciate those words very much my friend:Namaste:

Great to have you shottafire, if you see anything that you feel would help my efficiency please don't hesitate

hey ug im fresh on the forum and need a gooden to get stuck into may i have a front row seat if theres any left lol.
so bubbas a nice strain to grow/smoke have you grew her b4? i tried her a few yrs bk and it was nice although she was quite sqwat
and leafy! wots your pheno like? you say your using a 3part nute so does that mean you run an ro system?
atb with this 1 lad ill be lurkin! as alwayz respect.........

Great to have you DYNAMICS :welcome:, I got an endless supply of front row seats! lol

I haven't grown any of the famous kush's around here (Bubba, Purple, OG) so it will be a learning experience. I have heard quit the same as you mentioned though, very leafy and squat lol. These were my only source of clones but I'm not very upset about it.

I'm running a 3 part nutrient line-up which consists of Grow, Micro and Bloom (compared to 2-part A/B). I do use an RO unit as well for my water source but a couple of local growers use aged tap water without ill effects.

Hmm, so they are a little droopier today than I've seen.

Temps are 81F and 70% Rh (roots) so those aren't too off but I'm not using an exhaust/intake right now so maybe that could be it? Will be adding a 4" vortex for exhaust today. I went up to 100% (full 600w) on the ballast yesterday and things aren't looking as nice so I just dropped it back to 75% again

Has anyone ever used a "konk" before? I ended up buying the Ona Mist box, and a bottle of Doctor Doom Metered release insect spray and set it to every 7 minutes once I notice these things perk up a bit. All advice is greatly welcomed/appreciated

Today is day 4 since adoption
IMG_064214.JPG
IMG_064719.JPG
IMG_064614.JPG

I'm in bro!
Gunna be a nice big package of Bubba goodness coming out of that lot!
:high-five:

It's fantastic to have you here brotha.:thanks:

Really though, you deserve motm so bad, I don't have much time around here and completely forgot but I will pm a mod to suggest you. Is there any advice you'd give me for the wilting clones? I'm just kinda worried cause I've had em for 4 days and the first 3 days no wilting but last night it started.

It's fantastic to have you here brotha.:thanks:

Really though, you deserve motm so bad, I don't have much time around here and completely forgot but I will pm a mod to suggest you. Is there any advice you'd give me for the wilting clones? I'm just kinda worried cause I've had em for 4 days and the first 3 days no wilting but last night it started.

Geez, thank you for the kind words my friend!
I don't think I deserve MOTM compared to some of the heavies around here.
But hearing that someone thinks I do, feels pretty darn neato.
:thanks:

Those clones look pretty un wilted to me!
I'd imagine temps could come down a bit since there's no CO2 in the room.
And I would try to get that hood vented as soon as you can. Any way you can use 6" instead of 4"?
RH seems fine and dandy, and I'm assuming PH is all good.
Just a few questions before I can hopefully help ya brother,
Where they transplanted right when you got them, (4 days ago)?
What were they fed/watered/supplemented with after transplant?

Hey, I was wondering if you're planning to run another light in that veg room, or is that 800 watt on a light mover? (cuz that'd be ill)

I didn't forget this time brother! Hopefully you will be added to the nominations :Namaste:

I added the 4" exhaust fan and temps have gone down to 75F and 60% rh, they seem to be perking right back up. I got a 6" in use downstairs but can maybe swap the 4 for 6?

I got them on Wed afternoon (round 1ish) and transplanted them from 8pm till 4am (I am a dedicated soldier lol). I received them in Jiffy pellets with some very thick, white robust roots and transplanted them into only Promix HP (no worm castings or rock powders) and was just going to feed when I see bottom leaves yellow a bit (maybe around 1-2 weeks?)

I honestly have the worst game plan for transplanting lol. I prepare all the pots with dry soil, water them a bit (so roots don't hit dry soil) then make a small hole for the jiffy cube, transplant, then water a small amount again (didn't have enough water to wet em good). I didn't use a B-vitamin or any cloning solution, just RO water. Thats actually a 600w light, but there's 200w in t5's to the right side. I didn't think about mover but that would be pretty cool and convenient lol

I think you will be fine UG. You should top dress a little worm castings on a plant or two I think you would see a difference in growth for sure. Those clones look bigger and Not sure how the pro mix is charged but the plants may need food.
good luck

Yeah, it was just a little bit of transplant shock is all, no biggie.
Those temps are perfect now that you got your hood vented, nice work.
I usually mix up a 1/4 strength batch of 2.5mls of each gro,micro,bloom, superthrive, grozyme, and cal mag in RO.
And pre treat the medium with it when mixing and filling pots so it's moist but not wet.
Never had a plant wilt once when doing it this way.

Damn that's one hell of a transplant mish you pulled, especially solo.

Now that I planted the mover seed in your head, I'd totally go for it and put that light on rails, and max it out @ 100%.
Would save you some paper on the spark bill, and it would make that room hella efficient.

You must be stoked to be running all the same strain this round.
And you could definitely do worse than Bubba's. Beautiful strain.
I just got 15 Diamond OG Kush clones for the next round, so I'm feeling like a proud new parent too.:)

Yeah, it was just a little bit of transplant shock is all, no biggie.
Those temps are perfect now that you got your hood vented, nice work.
I usually mix up a 1/4 strength batch of 2.5mls of each gro,micro,bloom, superthrive, grozyme, and cal mag in RO.
And pre treat the medium with it when mixing and filling pots so it's moist but wet.
Never had a plant wilt once when doing it this way.

Damn that's one hell of a transplant mish you pulled, especially solo.

Now that I planted the mover seed in your head, I'd totally go for it and put that light on rails, and max it out @ 100%.
Would save you some paper on the spark bill, and it would make that room hella efficient.

You must be stoked to be running all the same strain this round.
And you could definitely do worse with Bubba's. Beautiful strain.
I just got 15 Diamond OG Kush clones for the next round, so I'm feeling like a proud new parent too.:)

It gets hard with all the work sometimes but man is it rewarding to enjoy your very own hard work that produces better meds than the clubs.

oooo 15 diamond og lucky you. whats the lineage?

Cheers UG and Vick074

Here! but... couple days late. Wouldn't miss it, UG! :high-five:

I agree with Vick's last post - I do my transplants very similarly using coco coir. Basically, I put some root building goodies like seaweed concentrate, along with a little cal/mag, some b-vitamins (Vita Blue, or Super Thrive, etc.) a light mix of 3-part nutes at equal proportions like Vick mentioned, a little Hygrozyme etc. Lightly soak the medium, then transplant. Like Vick's experience, I notice very little slow-down this way.

Nice start, btw! Can't wait to follow along. :)

I think you will be fine UG. You should top dress a little worm castings on a plant or two I think you would see a difference in growth for sure. Those clones look bigger and Not sure how the pro mix is charged but the plants may need food.
good luck

I agree with shotta about the clones probably wanting some nutes.
Maybe on next watering give em a 1/4 or 1/2 strength mix of whatever BPN suggests for seedlings.
They're definitely old enough to be getting some adult beverages, and will probably go nuts with even a diluted cocktail.

Hi X!!
Glad to see you out and about buddy.
Hopefully ya kicked that flu's ass.

Vick:

Diamond OG just sounds luxurious lol! "I got some Diamond OG Kush, you got the princess Diana right??" hahah
Really though it sounds like somethin else, was it a local strain or did buddy get seeds? Dang bro, you got Ambrosia, OG and Diamond OG!!! fuck that sounds sick lol. Pretty amature move on my part to go with 8 strains first time but live and learn, that's why I opted for one strain this time. I will most likely be ordering more seeds eventually, so if you want anything in particular lemme know and I'd have no prob shipping/dropping them off to you. I obv wouldn't charge you considering it's like 6$ a seed lol

A nice nutrient slushie coming right up!! (well, 3 days till stuff gets here lol)

shottafire:

Thanks for the warming words my brother :thanks:
In all honesty...this time I'm going without the Worm Castings..

If I was doing Organic, SuperSoil or H Brix then without a question I'd be adding 30lb bags of it. But since I'm using synthetic nutrients, it's very hard for me to judge the release of Nitrogen from them. I just think if I stuck to the guidelines of the feed chart, without adding other amendments, BPN's products would/do have the perfect Macro/Micronutrient and Trace elements for growing Cannabis. I just don't wanna add it again, to worry if it was enough, or too much? lol

Back
Top Bottom