UG's Utopia

I'd wait til the nutes arrive, so you can top em all, then give them a good mild dose of nutes right after to help with recovery.
Try to give them some Superthrive, & Grozyme with the feed.
Damn you got Fungus Gnats, PM and mites!!? Jeebus, talk about a handful right out of the gate.
Having all that, I'd blast them with Einstein RFN!
Get some Mosquito dunks in your res if not already..
Wait til the medium is super dry before that feed. This will help to kill some of the Fungus Gnat larvae.
Now that you have PM, I'd think about getting a Sulphur Burner to help manage your PM while they're in that room.
Or just make sure you do weekly preventative sprays to keep it under control.
Sucks that you got all that at once, clones must have been infected where you got them from.
I'd be choked, especially paying that much for infected babies..

Damn bro your good lol:adore:

I'll do exactly the shit you said man, that was a perfect response!

Yeah man, these issues were definitely unexpected but I figure that I'll have to deal with some of these pests/diseases eventually so I might as well try to learn to take em out now and have an idea for future reference. But yes, I'm pissed and I can't return them lol

last 2 days the medium has dried out the most, and growth has been the greatest as well (I read you posted that, and wish I could rep you a million times for it). I'll definitely start keeping a better eye on it now, thanks bro.

My plan is to do sprays with einstein every 5-7 days and I have a "konk" that will only get sprayed if I see it's bad.

Thank you a bunch for that response man:thanks:

up close

IMG_0730.PNG

Are you just using one 600 watt light? If so you need to reduce your plant numbers That way you would make it easier to get a hold on all the issues. Once you get the issues worked out then you can train a nice even canopy with the chosen plants. If you have more than the one 600 forget what I just said.

I have seen worse. Should turn around for you buddy

Totally agree with Shotta on adding another light in there brother.
Or put your dimmable on a light mover like I suggested before.
That one bank of T5 on half those babies doesn't seem like enough.
You'll see those plants around the edge stretching a lot more than the others, giving you the undesirable canopy you're after.

Are you just using one 600 watt light? If so you need to reduce your plant numbers That way you would make it easier to get a hold on all the issues. Once you get the issues worked out then you can train a nice even canopy with the chosen plants. If you have more than the one 600 forget what I just said.

I have seen worse. Should turn around for you buddy

Thanks for stopping in and the pos words my brotha! Seriously helps at a time like this lol

I got a 600w in there, a 125w cfl, and four 2' T5's on a diy reflector lol. I might consider getting two 12 bulb 4' T5's to cover the whole 4x8 because it's going to get a lot hotter in the summer months. I effing hate bugs man you have no idea lol

Totally agree with Shotta on adding another light in there brother.
Or put your dimmable on a light mover like I suggested before.
That one bank of T5 on half those babies doesn't seem like enough.
You'll see those plants around the edge stretching a lot more than the others, giving you the undesirable canopy you're after.

Nevermind.
Foot in mouth syndrome again.
I remember now that we already talked about that..
my bad

Bugs suck for sure. I hate to say it but your better off being a one man island now a days unless your getting the clones from a trusted source with references. seriously though good luck and hope you take care of those little f'ers.

Dude with weekly sprays and a cheap sulphur burner?
You'd have nothing to worry about at all.
Easy Peasy bro.
you gots this

Hey UG - Aw bummer on the bugs! You'll kick their ass, just hang in there.

Couple of thoughts...

I'm not sure that's really a fungus gnat - I'd actually say I doubt it is. Fungus gnats have a thorax and abodomen that are segmented and wings that are shorter than their body length. Winged aphids, which are very often mistaken for FG, have longer wings (length of their body), a body that looks more one piece than segmented, and what looks a bit like "tail pipes" coming from it's arse. To me, the pics look more like a winged aphid. Which, sorry to say, would be a much more difficult foe. Not impossible though. I'd recommend Azamax drenches and foliars, personally. I've battled them, but they're a bitch. You need to do your treatments, then do them again in 5-7 days. Maybe one more time after that. Don't shortcut or they'll be back, again and again. If you want my opinion, I'd beat the bugs before I topped. Then, top them. They're getting a lot of stress from those pests - and this should probably be fixed before putting them through trimming, topping or defoliating. If you have winged aphids, you'll have them in your soil/media (roots) too.

I would drench them, then foliar them right after while the roots were soaking. That way, nothing could crawl out of the media on to the stem above without also encountering my Azamax. They can be tricky bastards! :goodluck:

Faaaaaaaack X, lol!!

That definitely sucks!! but what doesn't break a man, makes him stronger...time to die bugs.

So I can use Azamax as a drench and foliar spray? they don't seem to have seperate products at my hydro store. Daaaang, $135 is a dent lol but I gotta do what I gotta do right? I'll pick some up tonight, einstein oil wouldn't work hey? I just really am a poor man at this time and any little cutbacks help, but if it ain't close I'll grab some. I have 6 sticky traps in the room and that one is the only one with anything on it, looks like an adult and 2 babies though so I won't take this lightly. Seems like almost all bugs look the same lol!! I looked up fungus gnats and saw this so I instantly assumed mine was that but thanks for clearing it up

fungus_gnat2.jpg

IMG_0730.PNG

Well, I'd agree that it looks like that picture for sure! It can be truly tough to tell sometimes, but in light of that pic, I'd agree probably FG. In your pic, it was difficult to see the separation of the thorax and the abdomen, and the wings looked like they were the full length of the body. You have the ability to look it over a bit better than the pics, and the pic you posted sure looks like the bug you have. They get confused for one another all the time. I knew mine were winged aphids, because I had non-winged aphids in the media, too. The tailpipes coming from their ass is a good give away. If it doesn't have them, it's FG.

X

Looks good I hate bugs got my girls from someone infested with spider mites and looks like little fruit fly's good old neem oil seems to be holding its own

I have one of these laying around, with an automatic dispenser and a full bottle of Neem Oil. Do I maybe have a chance at taking them out with those two? I also have some SNS 209/203 kicking around

The Doktor Doom is supposed to be good stuff, but I've never used it. Not sure if you'd want to use that with flowering plants around - hoping someone else can give you insight on that one. It's definitely something I'd do if you have an opportunity between rounds, so to speak...

SNS 203 is good stuff and should help, SNS 209 is good to add to your regimen for future prevention. Though it's pricey, Azamax is exceptional for all things buggy. Consider a "No Pests" strip by Hot Shots, too. But, make sure you can shut off your ventilation for a little while to build up a vapor. Not thinking days here, just a hour or two at night perhaps. You want to eliminate them completely so be thorough. If you miss some, the survivors tend to be the ones that are resistant to your weapons (SNS, whatever), and their offspring will be even tougher to battle as they'll have these resistant genes, too. Bastards!

Back
Top Bottom