UG's Utopia

Ran out of time earlier but the wife is at yoga till 10 so here I am lol.

Crazy you just used Shultz, but it doesn't surprise me too much. I would use liquid nutes no problem, but these time releasers allow me to only use water. (besides the top dress every 4 weeks)

I bet you'll kill it with BPN outdoor! And just as much with the High Yield kit. Just make sure to double up on whatever you need most to make shipping easier (why I got 16 months worth).

Really glad you mentioned that bro...I will rig up something for the rain pretty soon.

Update. Day 7 since photoperiod reduction

So I learned for next time...Feed earlier, flower and lollipop faster. lol

My plan was to make things more efficient this time, which I have, except for absolutely no room to move around. I have about 7 plants that are showing a very light green to them, which I think is from when the sub pump started to over heat and warmed the water to at least 90F. All of the plants only got one feed of high N before flowering so that also might have something to do with it. Also, The Promix I'm using is the Coir based, so perhaps I got a bit of a cal/mag deficiency going on with me only using RO. I will start using tap water more frequently or adding a bit of Cal/Mag.

So my question...Is it still okay (Day 7 flower) to give a higher dose of the Micro (N)? They seem to want it, and I want to give it to them lol, but I always hear it's bad to add more N in flower? But they want it...lol

And last one, is it okay to lollipop during early flower? would you guys wait till stretch is done (day 21) and just pick off dying shit until then?

Light 1
IMG_091519.jpg

Light 2
IMG_092217.JPG

Light 3
IMG_092413.JPG

Light 4
IMG_092711.JPG

Light Green I was talking about. More N, Ca and Mg maybe?
IMG_091628.jpg
IMG_091916.jpg
IMG_092114.jpg

some weird purpling I'm seeing? I'm not too worried. Night time temps are 67-71F
IMG_093012.jpg

group shot, 2 lights
IMG_092821.JPG

group shots, 2 lights
IMG_092920.jpg

Design looks good UG!
I agree with jon, they could probably use some more N.
Especially in early flower.
I'd also be trying to pull off a lot of the lower stuff sooner than later.
If you were to wait til 21 day for a defol, I'd be worried about air circulation.
As it already looks pretty jam packed in there, @ 21 days it's gunna be cram jammed which could invitie PM. (unless of course your dehuey is cranking 24/7 and you've got tons of air movement happnin.) I'd still be plucking
I'd also be adding some Cal/mag.

room design looks good UG, I dont see any light green in those pics bro,but adding some N wont hurt them at all they still use alot of it in early flower:)

Sounds good brother, thank you very much for your advice:thanks:

I have been doing 10ml's of Grow, Micro Bloom the whole time so next feeding will be 10 ml's Grow, 12 ml's Micro and 13ml's of Bloom per gal, unless you think I should tinker em a bit? I definitely want to get the lighter green ones darker so they don't yellow way before harvest. I really, really want/wanted to go with your design bro, but my closets are only 1.5' deep so I could only fit a barrel reservoir in there. The way I have it in my head, will use 1 reservoir for both flood tables in each room. 2 pumps on 2 different timers. 110-150gal res for each room, and that way I only have to use one chiller in each room. I notice your veg table has like a chloroplast fabric over it? May I ask where you purchased it? That will take a lot of my worries away with algae growth. Thanks for stopping by bro

Design looks good UG!
I agree with jon, they could probably use some more N.
Especially in early flower.
I'd also be trying to pull off a lot of the lower stuff sooner than later.
If you were to wait til 21 day for a defol, I'd be worried about air circulation.
As it already looks pretty jam packed in there, @ 21 days it's gunna be cram jammed which could invitie PM. (unless of course your dehuey is cranking 24/7 and you've got tons of air movement happnin.) I'd still be plucking
I'd also be adding some Cal/mag.

Thanks for stopping in Vick. I appreciate the advice :high-five::Namaste:

I'll get right on the upping of N. On my last post to jon, I was planning on 10 Grow, 12 Micro, and 12-14mls of Bloom? Or maybe I could do like 8 grow, 10 micro and 10-12 bloom? I definitely want them to darken up before the next week or two cause I do not want early yellowing again. I want to pull all the stuff off now, but I fear it will cut down the stretch a lot. Last time plants were 14-16" away from the lights and this time I'm going for 10". I have the dehu set to 50% right now and will lower it by 5-10% every two weeks (It can stay at 25% on continuos setting at lights out). I got three 18" wall mount fans in there, along with a 8" vortex+carb filter for risen heat, and a 4" vortex+filter for lower canopy. I find dead leaves here and there underneath the canopy, but I've yet to see any pm or mites since my initial spray. I really do want to strip them now, but some are still like 18"+ from the lights, so if I did it, wouldn't they not grow vertically again, or very much? Lights are mounted in a fixed position this round so I can't adjust them. Thanks for stopping by my brother :thanks:

Looks like I'm stuck between AC's....

I'm debating between a minisplit, portable or window unit. I'd like to get a multi split or damper exchange so I could cool more than one room from 1 unit but that would cost a lot. Price is also a big factor. I want to get something cheap, but I also want something that'll cool 2400-300W in each room.

Well.....Screw it lol

I'm going to local hydro store tomorrow and ask the owner (have gained good friendship over a year) if he can help me lay everything out. I'll have to buy everything from him and probably pay him extra, but it will save me a lots of headaches and money. He started the company himself, and has owned it for 25 years. Hopefully I can catch him there alone, and ask if he would be willing to do this. I just can't do this on my own for the price tag I have. It would cost me well over 10 grand to do both rooms with labour included

Thanks for stopping in Vick. I appreciate the advice :high-five::Namaste:

I'll get right on the upping of N. On my last post to jon, I was planning on 10 Grow, 12 Micro, and 12-14mls of Bloom? Or maybe I could do like 8 grow, 10 micro and 10-12 bloom? I definitely want them to darken up before the next week or two cause I do not want early yellowing again. I want to pull all the stuff off now, but I fear it will cut down the stretch a lot. Last time plants were 14-16" away from the lights and this time I'm going for 10". I have the dehu set to 50% right now and will lower it by 5-10% every two weeks (It can stay at 25% on continuos setting at lights out). I got three 18" wall mount fans in there, along with a 8" vortex+carb filter for risen heat, and a 4" vortex+filter for lower canopy. I find dead leaves here and there underneath the canopy, but I've yet to see any pm or mites since my initial spray. I really do want to strip them now, but some are still like 18"+ from the lights, so if I did it, wouldn't they not grow vertically again, or very much? Lights are mounted in a fixed position this round so I can't adjust them. Thanks for stopping by my brother :thanks:

Hey brother!
I'd go with 8, 10, 12.
With some added cal/mag.
Don't over water, and you should see em darken up nicely.
You're lights are fixed this round?
That sounds risky when you don't know how much this strain is going to stretch?
I've always just adjusted my lights according through stretch, then lower them back down to 14"-16" after.
Pulling the lower bits off now isn't going to slow your stretch down that much, maybe a little.
If you're worried about that, just make sure you're humidity and air flow are good like you said and they should be fine until your 21 day defol.
As far as AC's, sorry I really can't help ya there bro. I don't have much experience with them myself.
jon705 would be able to help you with that one I'm sure. Maybe send him a PM?

I know you've already got the ball rolling with the idea of AC's to cool the rooms.
But have you considered fan water coolers??
That is if you don't have water restrictions where you live, and can access water lines fro inside the house.
A 2 fan cooler in each room would probably use less juice and keep them cool enough to use CO2 effectively.
Just a thought.

Hey brother!
I'd go with 8, 10, 12.
With some added cal/mag.
Don't over water, and you should see em darken up nicely.
You're lights are fixed this round?
That sounds risky when you don't know how much this strain is going to stretch?
I've always just adjusted my lights according through stretch, then lower them back down to 14"-16" after.
Pulling the lower bits off now isn't going to slow your stretch down that much, maybe a little.
If you're worried about that, just make sure you're humidity and air flow are good like you said and they should be fine until your 21 day defol.
As far as AC's, sorry I really can't help ya there bro. I don't have much experience with them myself.
jon705 would be able to help you with that one I'm sure. Maybe send him a PM?

I know you've already got the ball rolling with the idea of AC's to cool the rooms.
But have you considered fan water coolers??
That is if you don't have water restrictions where you live, and can access water lines fro inside the house.
A 2 fan cooler in each room would probably use less juice and keep them cool enough to use CO2 effectively.
Just a thought.

Thanks for the quick reply my dude. It really helps! :thanks:

I go to bed around 2 everyday, and have decided to start waking up 30 minutes earlier and do all my updates first thing in the am so I will be on more to plan this whole thing out and update my journal (visit others of course too).

Will get on the 8 G, 10M, 12B soon as lights are on :) with a little bit of cal/mag (plus early bloomer, vita blue and seaweed)
I use to have my lights on ratchets, but with 5'10 of height, I was only getting about 5'6 of height (about 2.5 feet from the medium to the 10" mark from lights.) Now with them directly on the eye hooks, I'm getting about 3 feet (little more actually) of vertical grow space. One of the 1000 plant growers I know says it's actually worse to raise and lower to meet their needs, he says it's best to let them grow into the space like the outdoors. Obviously the majority of people do it, but I haven't seen any of the local collectives have adjustable lights so I'm going to try it for myself this time. If they get to 12" before day 21, I'll start to cleanup/defol.

This AC sitch is just killing me lol. Me and jon have been pming back and forth for a while now with everything from AC's to LED's to his diy set-up and I really can't thank him enough for all his help. I'll either be going with a minisplit or window unit, not portable (unless the Ideal-Air). The EER on portables is rarely over 9, and I really would like a 13 or higher. I want to be able to cool these rooms at a reasonable price, so efficiency is a must. I talked to an HVAC technician who has his PPL license and he said Portables are 1/4-1/2 less efficient than window units or minisplits because they almost always use R22 refrigerant. Portables with R410A refrigerant are the most efficient/productive

I thought about swamp coolers, but the money I'd spend on my water bill would be more effed than it is lol. My buddy has a 2 fan 3 coil cooler and it uses 40 gallons of water per minute, which is fucked lol. I don't have much space for 2 kiddy pools, they are huge as tits in the room, and they cost a g min each. A 1 fan, 4 coil cooler does 14k btu and is $1100 so I might just try with $500 ac's in there with air cooled lights. I will be pushing 3500cfm through the 8 600W lights so hopefully some simple ac's will fix it

Sounds good brother, thank you very much for your advice:thanks:

I have been doing 10ml's of Grow, Micro Bloom the whole time so next feeding will be 10 ml's Grow, 12 ml's Micro and 13ml's of Bloom per gal, unless you think I should tinker em a bit? I definitely want to get the lighter green ones darker so they don't yellow way before harvest. I really, really want/wanted to go with your design bro, but my closets are only 1.5' deep so I could only fit a barrel reservoir in there. The way I have it in my head, will use 1 reservoir for both flood tables in each room. 2 pumps on 2 different timers. 110-150gal res for each room, and that way I only have to use one chiller in each room. I notice your veg table has like a chloroplast fabric over it? May I ask where you purchased it? That will take a lot of my worries away with algae growth. Thanks for stopping by bro
That cover is actually ice and water shield for roofs, I just had an extra roll lying around and figured why not try that out, I used a cd as a template and cut out the circles. Its a rubber membrane that goes under the shingles. another thing you could use is that 1/4 inch plastic board you can get at home deeps, im not sure what its called but it looks like stiff plastic cardboard.This woulds work great because you could cut it to fit right inside the lip of the tables, add a few cutdown net pots for support up the middle and your good to go.I think upping the grow nutes just a bit will do the trick bro, once you get past week 3 or 4 they wont need as much N anymore so keep that in mind:)

Thanks for the quick reply my dude. It really helps! :thanks:

I go to bed around 2 everyday, and have decided to start waking up 30 minutes earlier and do all my updates first thing in the am so I will be on more to plan this whole thing out and update my journal (visit others of course too).

Will get on the 8 G, 10M, 12B soon as lights are on :) with a little bit of cal/mag (plus early bloomer, vita blue and seaweed)
I use to have my lights on ratchets, but with 5'10 of height, I was only getting about 5'6 of height (about 2.5 feet from the medium to the 10" mark from lights.) Now with them directly on the eye hooks, I'm getting about 3 feet (little more actually) of vertical grow space. One of the 1000 plant growers I know says it's actually worse to raise and lower to meet their needs, he says it's best to let them grow into the space like the outdoors. Obviously the majority of people do it, but I haven't seen any of the local collectives have adjustable lights so I'm going to try it for myself this time. If they get to 12" before day 21, I'll start to cleanup/defol.

This AC sitch is just killing me lol. Me and jon have been pming back and forth for a while now with everything from AC's to LED's to his diy set-up and I really can't thank him enough for all his help. I'll either be going with a minisplit or window unit, not portable (unless the Ideal-Air). The EER on portables is rarely over 9, and I really would like a 13 or higher. I want to be able to cool these rooms at a reasonable price, so efficiency is a must. I talked to an HVAC technician who has his PPL license and he said Portables are 1/4-1/2 less efficient than window units or minisplits because they almost always use R22 refrigerant. Portables with R410A refrigerant are the most efficient/productive

I thought about swamp coolers, but the money I'd spend on my water bill would be more effed than it is lol. My buddy has a 2 fan 3 coil cooler and it uses 40 gallons of water per minute, which is fucked lol. I don't have much space for 2 kiddy pools, they are huge as tits in the room, and they cost a g min each. A 1 fan, 4 coil cooler does 14k btu and is $1100 so I might just try with $500 ac's in there with air cooled lights. I will be pushing 3500cfm through the 8 600W lights so hopefully some simple ac's will fix it
It all boils down to wether or not your going to run your rooms sealed or not bro, window units are the cheapest way to go if your venting your rooms, but if your running co2 a window unit will just suck it right out, you mentioned wanting things to be a efficient as possible, you have to keep that in mind to bro, they might use less hydro but your co2 bill is going to be alot bigger. a minisplit is the most efficient way to go with sealed rooms but the initial cost is high. You told me that once this law passes your done so a minisplit probably isnt the way to go unless you can sell it later. these little badboys would be the way to go for you imo. they use R410A refridgerant and dont create negative pressure in your room. you coulod get 4 of them for the price of a good mini split and still keep your rooms sealed.
Ideal-Air Dual Hose Portable A/C - 12,000 BTU  Ideal Air | Commercial Grade Air Conditioning Products

That cover is actually ice and water shield for roofs, I just had an extra roll lying around and figured why not try that out, I used a cd as a template and cut out the circles. Its a rubber membrane that goes under the shingles. another thing you could use is that 1/4 inch plastic board you can get at home deeps, im not sure what its called but it looks like stiff plastic cardboard.This woulds work great because you could cut it to fit right inside the lip of the tables, add a few cutdown net pots for support up the middle and your good to go.I think upping the grow nutes just a bit will do the trick bro, once you get past week 3 or 4 they wont need as much N anymore so keep that in mind:)

That is a fantastic idea bro!! I'm guessing it works good? Like nothin but sparkly white spaghetti under it? haha. They sell a Cholorplast cover at the hydro shop thats $1 per foot so I'll have to make a choice. I thought Grow would be more N, but Coreys Micro has more N in it. Grow (2-1-6), Micro (5-0-4), and Bloom (0-5-4) so wouldn't it be better to add more Micro? (I had some early yellowing plants last time and he said add more micro to darken them up). It's too bad I haven't seen him around for a while? I sent him a pm a couple weeks ago but it was a pretty short answer :( I'm sure he's very busy so I got to figure this out on my own this time. Thanks a bunch for the advice on the single guards! Very smart idea brother! :Namaste:

It all boils down to wether or not your going to run your rooms sealed or not bro, window units are the cheapest way to go if your venting your rooms, but if your running co2 a window unit will just suck it right out, you mentioned wanting things to be a efficient as possible, you have to keep that in mind to bro, they might use less hydro but your co2 bill is going to be alot bigger. a minisplit is the most efficient way to go with sealed rooms but the initial cost is high. You told me that once this law passes your done so a minisplit probably isnt the way to go unless you can sell it later. these little badboys would be the way to go for you imo. they use R410A refridgerant and dont create negative pressure in your room. you coulod get 4 of them for the price of a good mini split and still keep your rooms sealed.
Ideal-Air Dual Hose Portable A/C - 12,000 BTU- Ideal Air | Commercial Grade Air Conditioning Products

That one must have went right over my head lol...:sorry:

I guess I didn't realize that window units don't have 2 separate chambers. You know what though? My friend has a 15k btu Window AC that has a "Damper/Recirculate" button on it. He says when it's on that setting, air comes in through the porthole, cools the condenser, then goes right back out like a 2 hose portable. He got his from the hydro shop and it was $700 so I'll look around first. It's funny you posted that link lol cause that's the exact model I was talking about that uses R410A refrigerant. For $500 it's a steal, I would just pray to god that I could cool Four 600's in a 10x10x8 room with it. I figure the air cooled lights will put out 2500btu each so technically, a 12K should do the job fine for each room. But I would kill myself If I set everything up, and find out my lowest temp is 85 lol.

I would love a mini split, but having 2 in separate rooms is pricey and almost pointless (way less energy to buy a damper). And yes, once the new gazette takes place, I will stop growing unless I can get a regulated job at HC but I still have some sciences that need to be finished before I apply. I wouldn't mind having one for future purposes, even if I don't continue to grow, but the initial cost might just be too big right now. It never gets above 30C outside, but I am using 2400W of lights, plus about 2000k btu from the dehu so what do you think?? Could I keep both rooms at 77-80 with a 12k btu portable a/c in each room?

thank you for bringing that all to my attention bro. These talks are saving me massive headaches!!!:thanks::Namaste:

I've heard that the "start up" has the most energy consumption so I don't want to go too big that it'll keep turning off and on. I'd prefer it to run most of the day if that makes sense? On a lower fan speed of course. This whole negative pressure shit is killing me. I've been reading non-stop and it appears lots of those dual hose units aren't fully sealed at the ports? And I'm definitely looking for one with Auto-Restart. I'm most likely going to purchase from Ideal-Air. Thanks for the heads up about the bpn brother! Hopefully I can get these light green babies dark and lush soon:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom