Help a first-time grower girl!

Oh, the brown spots are probably from a magnesium deficiency.

I think someone recommended 1 tsp per gallon of Epsom salts. It's one tablespoon per gallon that's required!

The above quote is from the plant abuse chart on this site.

That was me, small typo sorry. tbsp

Here is a previous post to reference....

Epsom Salt and Trace Minerals

If you're having the pH issues, you should look into gardeners lime aka dolomite lime to add to your soil. It won't give a quick fix (hydrated lime is supposed to act faster than regular garden lime though), but it will help stabilize your soil pH to about 7 over time. You don't want these problems in flower when everything has to be perfect. Plus, you're already lacking MG... Overall, I think the dolomite lime is a necessity and I won't use another soil(less) medium unless it is incorporated.

Personally, I'd add dolomite lime and then just make sure the water/nutrients going in is at about a pH of 6.5. Over the course of a few weeks you should be good to go.

Hello guys..
Hope you are all doing well..
I've been off the forum the past few days and I think I should update you on the progress of my babies.
since i had re-potted into the new soil and applied cal-mag (only once) things started to get better, slowly but surely. No more new brown spots. I had some yellowing that also is improving by the day. New growth seems fine and overall the plants seem on track. the autoflowering one stated flowering 1a days ago, when it was still tiny and diseased. So i switched to HPS light. Now it's growing tall and budding like crazy! and I'm so excited to see that for the first time!!! :woohoo:
I also went ahead and re-potted again in the same soil but bigger pots (3 times the size of the original ones).
Only thing I see wrong now is some yellowing on the very end tip of the leaves. Not sure what that means now. any ideas? I haven't given any fertilizer yet. I thought the new soil I added should feed them plenty for now.
Trying to keep the pH controlled at 6.5, and the soil not too wet.

I wanted to thank each and everyone for the helpful advice and helpful tips. Really appreciate it and I will surely pay it forward. Karma at work!!! :Namaste:

I'll keep you updated with the progress...
You guys have a great week!
:thanks:

3460xt1.jpg

35lahhk.jpg

231jx1.jpg

168ebk7.jpg

2hcmf5j.jpg

2gxl2u1.jpg

nnnwhe1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom