Help and advice needed!

yayasue

420 Member
We've started our first indoor grow, built a grow box, started four plants off beautifully, and everything was going swimmingly (8th week of growing, and 3rd week of 12/12 schedule) but then I left the lights on for 24 hours by mistake. What should we do now (apart from panic)?

I think the best thing you could do in this situation, since you asked, would be to invest in a cheap timer. I have found digital to be the most reliable. You can get them at Wal-Mart for less than $5: Workchoice Daily Timer Single Polarized Outlet - Walmart.com

There is no better investment in my opinion. A $5 tool that can prevent hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of mistakes? They're totally worth it ;) Good luck!

I think the best thing you could do in this situation, since you asked, would be to invest in a cheap timer. I have found digital to be the most reliable. You can get them at Wal-Mart for less than $5: Workchoice Daily Timer Single Polarized Outlet - Walmart.com

There is no better investment in my opinion. A $5 tool that can prevent hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of mistakes? They're totally worth it ;) Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but unfortunately it was my stupidity that caused the cock-up, not the lack of a timer. I'd opened the box, checked the humidity, etc., turned the inside fan off, closed the box again and just totally forgot to turn the light off. So it's extra brain cells I really need to invest in! (I use the alarm on my mobile phone to warn me of lights on/off times.)

Fortunately my babies seem to have recovered from the excess of light and heat (at least the intake and outlet fans were going all the time, or things would have been much worse). :thanks:

A 600 watt light puts out a lot of heat... You need to move a lot of air through your grow box to remove that heat... what are you using to vent that heat out of the box? Are you using a air cooled hood?

This will help you understand what those little bananas are... it is not a hermaphrodite trait.. they contain only female pollen... They can be saved to create feminized seeds.... a plant that's a hermaphrodite will have male flowers that look like male flowers.. YouTube

A 600 watt light puts out a lot of heat... You need to move a lot of air through your grow box to remove that heat... what are you using to vent that heat out of the box? Are you using a air cooled hood?

This will help you understand what those little bananas are... it is not a hermaphrodite trait.. they contain only female pollen... They can be saved to create feminized seeds.... a plant that's a hermaphrodite will have male flowers that look like male flowers.. YouTube

Can't honestly remember, and it's so covered in stuff that I can't see - but it's a Dospel of the recommended size for the box, plus we'e got a vented intake plus an internal fan (plus an extra fan blowing in through the temporarily open grow-box door). I think the main problem is global warming! It's just getting too hot (and too expensive in fuel bills) to stay with the 600w HPS.

I'm getting decidedly ancient, and I'm also wheelchair-bound after a car accident, so what I really, really wanted to know was how good the new LED lights are. I'm OK with shelling out about 250€ initally if it's going to solve the heat problem and also reduce our fuel bills, so that I can keep on growing my own medicinal (and, let's face it, recreational) blow. (p.s. thanks for taking the time to reply to me :thanks: )

Back
Top Bottom