What Strain is it? Amnezia Haze
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 20% - 80% Sativa dominant
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 9 days
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? normal bought flower soil with some shit in it (i threw the label out)
If Soil... What Size Pot? 9' diameter by ~7.5 height
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 3x65W CFL(2x2700k, 1x6500) 1x45w(6500k) 2x30w(2700k)[top down placed] 4x20-30w(2700k)[lighting up the sides]
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? ~77f at night, tops during day ~86f
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40-60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? used to be 7 for a while, 6ish today
Any Pests? some kind of very small fly that also ate leafs
How Often are you Watering? untill flowering it was watered when soil was dry, now usually daily (dont have a proper schedule yet, been testing different stuff)
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? 6/5/6
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4feet tall / 2feet wide box

Hello,

This is my first grow and until now it went pretty OK but I've got some problems I wasn't able to diagnose via web search or I am not sure about my diagnosis.

Basically 2 days ago I spotted a small brown spot on one of my top leafs and I'm not sure what it means.

For a few days my bottom leafs have been turning yellow and drying, I suspect it is nitrogen deficiency, though because of the other symptoms I am not sure.

All my leafs recently have curled down because of overwatering I think.
Also some bottom leafs started having browned tips in the past 1-2 days after I fertilized the plant because I got scared the yellowing was due to some deficiency.
I also sprayed the plants with fertilizer and it seems they were better, they curled down today because I kept spraying hopeing to clean off the white residue after I sprayed fertilizer.
I'm panicking a bit because I think I messed it up and I can't tell anymore what I need to do to fix it.
Also I flushed it today with regular tap water because the pH strips were a bit towards 7, I've been feeding it only bottled water that is close to 7 or over.

I've used some cheap pH strips off eBay to measure it, I don't know how accurate they are but there is a definite difference between bottles water, runoff and the tap water.

Whole plant
IMG_20160615_181418_hdr.jpg

The worst of the yellowed leafs.
IMG_20160615_181506_hdr.jpg

The only leaf with a brown spot I saw.
IMG_20160615_181533.jpg

The eaten leafs, they've been like this for a few days.
IMG_20160615_181549.jpg

IMG_20160615_181604.jpg

These are on the bottom fan leafs.
One of the browned tips, there are 2-4 in total
IMG_20160615_182139_hdr.jpg

Another browned tip, also notice the discoloration of the leaf.
IMG_20160615_182152_hdr.jpg

First.. Welcome! :welcome:

2nd.. Don't panic lol. Your not doing too bad at all.

3rd.. Yep. You have or had a bug or two in there. Chewing leads me to believe something larger.

Brown spot.. not sure. Probably from watering splash.

All IMO lol.. No more nutes for now. Those hooked leaves are from high nitrogen. They just tend to show up after watering. Reaction in the soil. There's some watering droop too, so let her dry out until the pot is light to pick up. Sativa dominants are especially picky. PH is a little too high. If you can get down to within 6-6.5 you'd have less troubles with the old roots which are causing the yellowing. Moving to a bigger pot wouldn't hurt but I think you'll be fine in a few weeks with some minor corrections. If the yellowing leaves are pest free I'd just let them drop off or pluck when they almost do that.

All in all you are doing pretty dang good for a first time!
:high-five:

Thanks for the prompt reply, I tend to have a bit of a rushed atitude and you made me calm a bit :)

I was thinking to switch it to a bigger pot too, some of the roots are all the way down in the draining holes, but I worried it would stress the plant acording to some stuff I red.

I think I might in a day or two switch it to a new pot anyway after the water is used up then do a flush in the new pot to get rid of the excess fertilizer I put in today and yesterday. I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶l̶o̶r̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶p̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶p̶h̶ ̶a̶t̶m̶.̶
Will be using the bottled water with epsom salt if I can find some.

Was considering trimming the yellowing ones as you said also some of the middle fan leafs that cover the stems but not sure what to make of it from what I red about trimming during flowering stage.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I tend to have a bit of a rushed atitude and you made me calm a bit :)

I was thinking to switch it to a bigger pot too, some of the roots are all the way down in the draining holes, but I worried it would stress the plant acording to some stuff I red.

I think I might in a day or two switch it to a new pot anyway after the water is used up then do a flush in the new pot to get rid of the excess fertilizer I put in today and yesterday. I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶l̶o̶r̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶p̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶f̶u̶r̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶ ̶p̶h̶ ̶a̶t̶m̶.̶
Will be using the bottled water with epsom salt if I can find some.

Was considering trimming the yellowing ones as you said also some of the middle fan leafs that cover the stems but not sure what to make of it from what I red about trimming during flowering stage.

If you transplant don't wait too long. 2 weeks into flower would be my max I think. I'd keep it gentle and just drop it in also. It's all kind of contingent upon the stretch. Even trimming out fans. If it's still in the stretch you shouldn't have any problems transplanting, but you don't really want to thin out fans until it's done stretching or close to it. Fans are where much of the energy and hormone signals for the stretch come from. I know what you are saying though lol. It's brutal looking at those big light blocking monsters :laughtwo: Tuck as much as you can for another week.. you could even take a few out. I'd probably thin her out a bit more when it starts to flower.

Patience and balance :Namaste:

Looking much better now :) Just let her pot dry out until it feels really light before the next watering. Wet/dry cycles are important right now.. and always, but she'll be able to handle more water further into flower. I wouldn't even worry about nutes for at least a week. Maybe two. You may loose a few fans but that's ok. She'll draw what she needs from them while she figures out how to handle the root issue.

Back
Top Bottom