Help! I feel lost and im not even high yet!

fillabong420

alright so its been a reallly loooong time since I've posted anything in these forums and i would be lying if i said that i didnt miss this place! lol
well like that subject dictates i need some advice on starting some seedings. i plan to pop 2 blue widow and 2 blue cheese.i plan on vegging with 4 24 watt cfl (most likely will try to find some 40 watters of blue cheeseof daylight when they get past the seedling stage) now before i go into anymore details about the rest of the grow i need to some things.

1. are my strains decent?(havent found much on blue widow but ive smoked a poorly grown batch of blue cheese)

2. if i start in jiffy peat pellets from homedepot can i transplant into soil without causing root stress?

3. the soil i have is "vigoro organic garden soil" says it feeds for up to three months i feel like that would burn my developing women. should i mix some perlite or peat moss with the soil to sorta dilute the already present nutirent concentration before transplant?

so those are my main concerns as of now. there will lots of lst and moderate supercropping and perhaps some topping hall done under the cfls for veg and then a 400w hps flowering. I also plan on using fox farms unless somebody has discovered a better nutrient since my last logins. lol thank you everyone for your responses and opinoins cause i need as much as i can get!:thanks:

Re: heeeeelllppp! I feel lots and im not even high yet!

JUst my 2-cents; start the grow and once seedlings show leaf shape you'll know if it's indica or sativa dominate and go from there. Sounds like a white widow mixed with a blueberry strain so should be good.

I haven't used pellets, I germ the seeds and plant em in an organic soil such as vigoro and they grow well; actually i did look at the ingredients in vigoro last time i was in hd and its similar to my soil choice and i start the ferts at 1 month or 3 sets of leaves whichever comes first but i cut the ferts down to 1/4 of recommended amount and build it up a little each time. If you bought the ff then fine to use i go with jack classics from the local nursery and it works well with organic soils. I look forward to your updates

Re: heeeeelllppp! I feel lots and im not even high yet!

so youre confident that vigoro will not burn or kill my ladies? i havent heard of jack classics are they all organic or do they contain synthetic like ff? any tips for a smoother tastier smoke?

Re: hep! I feel lots and im not even high yet!

i haven't used the vigoro brand but yeah i would be confident to grow in it cause the 3 month supply in it says to me its a slow acting feed like my mg organic blend that i use going on 5 years now and have no issues from it. If u look at the bag of vigoro it'll list the composition of what is contained like peat moss, sphag, compost bark, probably even some cal sulfer & mag in there so u don't need to add that. the Perlite, if theres no little white tiny balls then yeah u could add some, maybe 20%; there's pros and cons from growers of adding it, some say yeah and others say nay.if u like to read theres a grand soil review at mandala seeds dot c o m & go to the soil guide there. but yeah in short i am confidant the vigoro will not damage ur ladies.
About the ferts, jack classics is a synthetic nute which is fine to use with organic soils n not saying its better or not than ff cause i never used ff ferts. I pretty much go by the n-p-k rather than the brand name cause to me the canna specific nutes are the same with fancier packaging and higher prices so if u prefer organic ferts i can't imagine going wrong with foxfarm. I add blackstrap unsulfered molasses to my ferts lightly at veggin time and heavier at flower time which i credit to a smooth smoke that along with 2 weeks plain water flushing at end of flowertime. Blackstrap is the same beneficial additive that 'sugar daddy' a made for canna item used for the same pumping up to the ladies. Rastafari.

yo. im bout get some black strap lol about how much of it per gallon of water? i just ordered my ladies today they should be arriving soon they threw in og kush white widow and amnesia all feminized of course. i have faith in the soil if you say miracle grow works. i think ima go with ff simply because ive seen countless consitent results with it. its like organic-ish plant steriods :]

Glad you got the blackstrap unsulfered cause thats the one suppose to use and no more than 1 teaspoon in vegging and no more than 1 tablespoon in flowering at a time. Also it's the miracle grow organic blend the kind in a tan bag with veggies on the front that's the only good one for canna growing and u don't need to add anything to it at all. Haha ur ferts sound great for when the girls are like 4 weeks old. r u gonna germinate your seeds before planting them? :allgood:

nah man i ended up not getting shit. i had other pressing issues of responsibility to deal with that aquired attention immediately. thanks for the advice man

Back
Top Bottom