Alexthebuzz

Hello everyone,

I was going to grow outdoors (first time growing) however my outdoor space may have little lighting. I was fortunate and picked up a used 4X4X6 Mars Hydro tent for 50$. I only want to grow 1(Auto-Flowers) maybe 2 but don't want to spend a fortune on a light.I wanted to grow outside to reduce cost,

My problem/question is: Do I need to get a huge 2000w LED to grow 1 plant simply because of the size of the tent? Would it be possible to get a reasonably priced light(Like a mars hydro 600) and put that plant/light closer to a corner? I realize these questions may seem ridiculous, I'm just trying to understand if the amount of light required is based simply off the size of the tent, or the amount of plants?

I'd like to spent less then 300$ CAD on lighting (the seller I bought tent from is also selling a agroBrite 648w T5 PLT412 for 150$) would this be worth?

If you have any insight could you please help clarify, and even recommend lights(In Canada)?

Get the T5, cheap for good light, especially 645w. Do it...quick..
Otherwise unless you want a big bill for electric, lights will be double that easy.

If you're just wanting 1 or 2 plants. Few Oz worth then those mars hydro are alright mate. Ive got a few of them. 2 of them cover a square meter perfectly. They can pull about 10oz each if you fill the footprint. Not the frostiest buds compared to hps but had plenty crackin smokes grown under them.
You should be able to get a 600w HPS cheaper though. Get a dimable one and you can turn it down to suit the space/leccy bill requirements. :)

Back
Top Bottom