Help me add UVB 10k to my last few weeks, open thoughts

BigGreenHulk

420 Member
Hey gang,

I am looking to add some UVB to my last few weeks. I have a 5x5 , 6 site custom RDWC and a custom enclosed spydr with Co2. I have them nice and frosty and am looking to add one 4ft bulb right down the center line between the two rows. I would like to have it on a timer to turn on through out the day at 15 minute increments to stay on the safe side.

I have also just recently been told to look into a 10k finisher vs a uvb or perhaps both. Run uvb for two weeks and then replace the uvb for the 10k finisher. I am open though and thankful for your time.

Attachments

• 20191018_205122.jpg
    20191018_205122.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20191018_205201.jpg
    20191018_205201.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 20191018_205205.jpg
    20191018_205205.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20191018_205215.jpg
    20191018_205215.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 20191018_205221.jpg
    20191018_205221.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 123
I am wondering what other have done, if anyone has a suggestion that I am unaware of to help add UV-B to the room. What I have read/been told is that adding a 10k (blue spectrum ish) to the very end makes them "bug" out and the Trichome production gets kicked into overdrive.

You haven't heard of a 10k for finishing before today?

Not me

I'm not a big believer of false hope claims

Maybe it's true, maybe not, but can't say any of the good growers I know have any added 10k lights, Red yes, but I could be wrong

But hey...go for it

I use terpinator to push more trics, that for sure works During Flowering

Thanks man, I am pushing the terpinator myself and It should end well but I am always looking to learn more and more. I have a local friend who seems to make it look like xmas when he harvests. I mean the kief is crazy! And he finally said his secret is adding a 10k bulb at the end. So I thought I would ask and read some more on it.

Oh btw, this run I did add 4 far red leds I learned about from grow mouse and I have to say it really does do quite the trick for speeding things up by a few days/weeks

Currently is a spydr2p

hhm interesting, I appreciate you taking a look to help out..

This is the bulb that sparked my interest:
AgroMax 4 Foot T5 10000K FINISHER Bulb

he uses a spydr as well and quantum boards

I used to use 2 315s (CMH) but he converted me when we compared results

Here is the "finished" product of enclosing it and you can see the 4 far reds in there as well. It was a little tricky sealing it and getting the light to hover in between the top and bottom but I was able to get it done and it "floats" inside the enclosure

Attachments

• 20190902_191803.jpg
    20190902_191803.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 110
I have one of these for use the last couple three weeks of flowering.

MIGRO does light testing and just posted vids on the uv spectrum. And tested some specific uv bulbs.

Thank you , I will look into this today. Do you have links by chance?

I have one of these for use the last couple three weeks of flowering.

I have been watching these, they seem to be in the area I was looking to explore. Can you comment on growing before and after adding this to your regimen? Thanks a ton

I have been watching these, they seem to be in the area I was looking to explore. Can you comment on growing before and after adding this to your regimen? Thanks a ton

I can't comment on the before or after, no. I've had UV of some sort on my grows. Granted it's not many, and I won't get to really test this bar out until this run (that will start in a week or so) flowers. I'm redoing my grow space and upping my game, and this bar was one of those additions. Was using reptile bulbs before.

What I like about the package is it's coverage. It's good for like a 4x4 or 5x5 area. Granted it's UVB and you don't need much, but nice to know that it's well dispersed. The other thing I like is the size. It's narrow enough to fit between the strips on my big light, or in between the two new Budget LED panels I have coming. It works a treat for me and the price isn't bad, all things considered.

Replacement bulbs are half the cost, but it's used so little anyway, it will last a good long time. :)

After a few weeks of reading and researching I made the decision today. I went with the Hortilux power veg (its full spectrum) with uv. Looks amazing and I am looking forward to the results of added Uv-b. Will update along the way for those who may also be researching or are just curious.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    205.6 KB · Views: 109
It complements the spydr 2p spectrum quite well I would say. Implemented today, one 48" right down the center at about 10" above canopy.. I was torn to use or not to use the reflector. As I wanted it to spread out wider rather than being focused more in a direct downward direction, but I am still on the fence.

I introduced it today at intervals of 15 min once an hour for hours 2 through 11 of the 12 hr cycle. After day one of inspection, I noticed only two leaves that had the slightest brown tip on one blade of the leaf. I will continue this strength for a few days as I acclimate them up to higher doses as it gets closer and closer to the end which I am speculating about 3 weeks.

Here is the spydr spectrum, You can see that the t5 bulb I chose really complements the spectrum I do believe.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    80.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    179.8 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom