Help me determine sex?

Mrmetfan

I pulled a male yesterday with your guys help. Than I woke up to this. Is this another male? I'm new and learning. I can't believe it. I bought feminized seeds! !!! Tell me boy or girl
20140225_053003.jpg
20140225_052803.jpg
20140225_052820.jpg

Re: sex i.d

It appears to be another male. If feminized seeds were developed with the aid of hermaphroditic seed sources this still can occur. Especially if the strain is not properly stabilized. I ran into this problem this summer. I had a strain that I had been improving since the eighties. Over a period of years I was progressively getting a higher and higher percentage of male plants. In an effort to reverse this trend I back crossed a hermaphroditic plant with itself trying to achieve feminised seed. However because I live in a state where this kind of thing is ... shall we say...frowned upon. I have to work with extremely limited populations of plants. What I got for my efforts was a plant population which does one of 3 things. First I did get a higher percentage of female plants, secondly I did get much fewer initially male plants. But by far what I got was a population of plants that begin to flower female, quickly flowered into very nice colas and then exploded in hermaproditic growth ruining a large portion of my crop. I only bring this up because in any population of feminised seeds you can still get stray males. I have even done some work in the 70's using giberillic acid attempting to increase the female percentage and potentency of my plants so I understand how frustrating this can be. On the up side most reputable breeders like those who advertise on this site will work with you if you experience a problem. Good luck

It appears to be another male. If feminized seeds were developed with the aid of hermaphroditic seed sources this still can occur. Especially if the strain is not properly stabilized. I ran into this problem this summer. I had a strain that I had been improving since the eighties. Over a period of years I was progressively getting a higher and higher percentage of male plants. In an effort to reverse this trend I back crossed a hermaphroditic plant with itself trying to achieve feminised seed. However because I live in a state where this kind of thing is ... shall we say...frowned upon. I have to work with extremely limited populations of plants. What I got for my efforts was a plant population which does one of 3 things. First I did get a higher percentage of female plants, secondly I did get much fewer initially male plants. But by far what I got was a population of plants that begin to flower female, quickly flowered into very nice colas and then exploded in hermaproditic growth ruining a large portion of my crop. I only bring this up because in any population of feminised seeds you can still get stray males. I have even done some work in the 70's using giberillic acid attempting to increase the female percentage and potentency of my plants so I understand how frustrating this can be. On the up side most reputable breeders like those who advertise on this site will work with you if you experience a problem. Good luck

Thanks for the informative response

Usually with a hermaphrodite it will show female first and shoot out some male flowers. What variety are we growing? If it is soming thing that you like and if you have another room that you can put it in. You could try to produce some of your own seed if you would like. Also it would depend if you are hydro in a fixed system or in a soil grow that you could easily move

I'm only asking to pull it out for the fact if its definitely a male. I have no intentions to do anything but grow bud. Is it definitely another male? If so he's gone

Back
Top Bottom