Help Me Get Started Please!

Smelly Joe

Ahoya

So I'm not gonna waste any time with sweet talk. Here is what I have available:

I was granted a very nice Closet to grow BIG.

Closet Size: Height - 1.8m
Width - 1.2m
Depth - 540mm

I will be using either a 400w or 600w grow light. I am aiming for a passive system and will be using a 6 inch inline for exhaust, but I am a bit worried about the heat in summer, cause where we live it tends to go up to the high 40's mid 50 C and it stays warm for long times with very little to no wind at times. If temp does get to high I can always open the cab doors and put and oscillating fan in front of the plants. Stealth isn't such a big issue for me. The whole room itself will be changed into a "puff lounge" , but only for me and the misses. As the rule goes, I don't tell ANYONE.

So my question is this, what would you say do I need to turn this into a nice closet grow ???

At the top of my head my list is :

Closet
Reflective Material
400/600w light
Timer
Thermometer
Inline fan
Ducting
Pots
Plants

Anything else ???

Love and Light

I'm pretty new at this but I have a few ideas that may help. What nutrients do you plan on using? I have been using Fox Farm nutrients but I haven't been very happy with the results I was getting but some on 420 seem to love them. I have switched to Technaflora Plant Products and I like what I am seeing so far. There are hundreds of companies making nutrients and of course they all say they are the best. Since this may eventually be one of your largest expenses consider this very carefully. Read some of the post on 420. Some of these guys really know what they are doing. They have forgotten more than I will know about nutrients and growing and everything.
I believe that you also need a meter that will test your PPM and EC and Ph. I have a digital multimeter that does all three. I also check my moisture level with a moisture meter. I am convinced that I have over watered and overfed my girls in the past (maybe that was my problem with the Fox Farm products) so I started using this moisture meter to determine when to apply water or nutrients and a lot of my problems went away. Lots of luck to you. You might take a look at some (or all) of Light Addicts post and journals and the same for OzBrit and lots of others. Keep it green and remember Jesus is coming so try to look busy.

Back
Top Bottom