Joe's 1st time with MH and HPS - White Widow

Smelly Joe

Ahoya

So I have finally gotten my hands on a Big cab, HID lights and a Magnetic Ballast. I will be growing with a 250W MH and HPS and will also be doing a full organic run.

This will be my 1st proper indoor grow. I have done a few Indoors but it was all on a micro scale with cfl's. I have come to love growing with cfl's and produced some fine bud in the past. I still dample with micro grows on the side as a hobby but that's in the past now. I was blessed with the complete setup for free and I just couldn't pass it up. So here I am, presenting to you my 1st Proper Indoor - ta da daaaaaa

Strain :

I will be using the White Widow for this one seeing that she's a fast flowering plant. All my other ladies is either Sativa Dominant or Flowers for to long. The Breeder is Seedsman and I have tasted their quality a year back and I was impressed. The mother plant is currently flowering out Outdoors and I was lucky enough to get this cutting rooted. According to the site the WW is a 8 week strain and should finish at about 63 days after flowering started

Pot :

Currently she is housed in a 15cm pot which round about a liter I think. She isn't looking to hot at his moment and I think I might have held back on the nutes for to long. I left her nutes-less cause I was waiting for leafs to yellow up and die to indicate that the roots has taken and also there was enough food in the soil to sustain her. The leafs eventually turned completely yellow and I removed them as well as all other ugly looking leafs. All her leafs look folded/crinkled and she is yellow of color and it worries me quite a bit.
But that's another topic. LoL

When she has grown a bit more and recovered properly, I will repot her to a 25L pot and let her veg for a while.

Grow Plan :

The idea in my head is to scrog the plant. But how big the net should be is still a question for me. I will LST the plant in the mean time to see where the plant stretch more and by that I'll know how big the screen should be.

Soil:

The soil mix that I wanna use consists of the following:

Spaghnum Peat Moss
Perlite
Compost or Humus or Both
Volcanic Rock Dust
Kelp Meal ( can't find any I'm my area)

I will be feeding the WW with worm tea in the beginning at a rate of 140ml per 2L. The worm tea calls for a ratio of 1:10 but worm tea is strong and I'm SLOWLY upping the feed for the soil to see what reactions I get. Like I said earlier, the plant is a bit yellow and I really don't like it.

I have some Seabird Guano with a NPK reading of N- 13.8 g/kg
P - 17 g/kg,K - 2.1 g/kg. I will switch over to that when flowering starts and will also be using Molasses for flowering.

Love and Light

The sickling:

100_50485.JPG

Good Times are Coming

Ahoya

So I have taken a small break from posting due to work being very busy. So many things has happened along the way, well not lots of things actually.

At one point the cutting did not do good at all and it wasn't growing at all. The leafs were yellow and growth just ewas not looking good. So I thought I would cut my losses and throw her out, but I kept her for some reason. Then along came Origin ( trance part) and we left for 4 days. And when we came back I was blown awya with what happened. The growth was beautiful and healthy.

So here is the White Widow in her new and final home. A nice 25L pot for her to spread her roots. She was getting rootbound in her 15cm pot and it was the perfect time to repot her. I'm not really sure as to how long I'm gonna veg her. I will grow and see how things turn out. I also want to put a screen over her for scrogging to get as much off her as possible.

The other plants on the bottom is all for next seasons outdoor grow. They will stay in the cab until flowering time, then they will go to the other veg area that I'm busy getting ready for them. I harvested some WW few weeks ago and damn it smells so good. And the puff is great as well.

I am so used to small micro grows that this grow is giving me butterflies when I open the cab. LoL

Love and Light

SJ

CAM00329.jpg

100_51212.JPG

And here she is. She is finally taking off, growth wise. I started supercropping her so that all the sites can catch to form a even canopy. As soon as the tips are long enough I will tie them down and let them veg up to a certain point and then I'll switch to flower mode. I will put a scrog screen over the plant when time is right.

I am also planning on flowering out a unknown Indica in the same cab.

I haven't fed her since her transplant and thinking about it now, the 25L pot wasn't that a good choice. The plant doesn't dry out fast and I havnt watered it in a good 3 weeks. Now that scares me a lot, so I thought about potting down to a 15L pot.

Your thoughts on this ???

The cab is running at temp range of 22 - 26 C.

Love and Light

Smelly

Ahoya

So I was sitting in the room inpecting the plants, when I noticed a Scrog Screen I used for a previous plant and before long I cut it to size and started threading and tying away.

*Note*

When I say previous Scrog Screen, I don't mean a succesfull scrog grow. HUGE FAILURE.

So some of you pro's out there will probably say I could have done this better, but I did the best I could and now she just has to fill out and then it's go time. At 1st I used the screen just to seperate the bush and let each branch grow upwards a bit and then hit flower time. That's one idea. I guess it'll depend on how well she recovers. I trimmed a bit to much so recovery time wil take a while. I noticed that if I fill the screen , I will have space to to fit 1 x 15L pot and a 10L pot as well.

I gave her a feeding of worm tea with a 1:10 tea:water ratio. I added 2 double hand full of organic mixture to the soil as well. It consists of Gypsym, vermicompost, kelp meal, bone meal and other stuff I can't remember now.

Love and Light

Smelly

100_5125.JPG

A change was made to the grow area

Ahoya

I hope you all are well. I'm sorry that I haven't updated as I should but winter started last month and I always tend to go into hibernation as well. LoL

But anyway time for updates.

White Widow

She went into flowering last night. I tried filling the screen as much as possible, but a SCROG was not my intension. The reason for the screen was just to pull this bushy lady a bit apart to get her more managable. But I guess I can say I'm Scrogging as well. I gave her a feeding last week but according to my leafs I am missing something. Will up my feed a bit, cause if I'm correct the WW is quite a heavy feeder. At one point our weather was so cold that my cab was running at 20C , so I remove the piece of glass. It worked pretty good untill a lot of my leafs were damaged by the heat. Rookie mistake with HID bulbs. She has recovered really well since then.

Nameless - ( MK Ultra x Bubba76 )

I just planted this one because I could, and damn was I surprised. The breeder said that all the beans that germed was male. So happy when I saw it was a she. And she is one happy and healhty plant. I really upped my soil quality since last season and the results speak for themselves.

More reports will come as things move along

As a little something extra, I gave the plants a thick layer of worm castings as a mulch layer. There was some little baby worms in the soil as well so I just chucked it in.

I will post better pics of each plant individually as soon as pistils start

Love and Light

Joe

IMG-20140716-00099.jpg

LOL I was thinking about a few worms. Your plants look good it must be ok then. :peace:

Thanx Grow jr. I have chucked red wigglers in 80% of my Organic grows and never has one caused damage to my plants. I have started adding more worms to mediums over the last few years and they keep my soil happy. LoL

Love and Light

Joe

Back
Top Bottom