Help me, help me, I'm crumbly

sweet roy

Hello, Sweet Roy here, is crumbly a word? New here, new grower also. I have grown one outside plate a year for several years, this is my first indoor plant. My problem is her leaves are very dry and brittle, they curl and get that coppery look to them. I did a soil test, PH was 6.5, phosphate was fine, pot ash was low. This plant is 3 weeks into flowering, in a 3'x3' closet, in 5 gal of miracle grow/ real dirt mix. The bucket has holes in the bottom, I use a fert. called Gro:Fine, nit-24, pot ash-16, phospate-8, she was already having this problem before I started feeding her this mix. I spray her leaves twice a week with just water. The lights are 3- 55 watt CFL and 4-2' Flor. tubes. Day temp is 80, night 65, lots of air circulation. She smells wonderful, and the buds are well developed. My buddy said leave her alone, if she wasn't happy she wouldn't be making buds. As her Dad I can't help from worring.

Re: Help me, help me, I'm crumbly.

sweetie i cant see pictures... so go back and try re-loading.... its almost impossible without pictures to tell... could be heat stress or windburn... low humidity....

Hello SexyPistils, I gotta get someone to show me how to post pics on here, I thought I had done it right but it looks like I didn't. Low humidity was something I was worrying about, I have gas heat, it drys out every thing, I keep my fiddle at the office through the winter. I don't think heat is a issue as it never gets above 85, thats right at the top of the plant. I do use a lot of fan, I really like to watch her dance, I will try cutting back on that and add some moisture to the air. Thank you for your help, stay in touch, i"ll let ya know how shes doin'.

Here, I'll try the pics again. Nope, can't do it. I did get them to the pics on my profile page, if you don't mind check them out there. Sorry for the trouble.

okay... no trouble at all... always a pleasure to help a fellow grower... i will take a look! and yea i know what u mean about the heat! so humidity is a big issue tryna keep it up

the one picture of the yellowing on the leaves looks like it could be the start of a Manganese Deficiency but im a newbie so get a second opinion on that.... and im gonna put my money on low humidty and windburn!! so all dancers need a break so give her one... and get that humidity up to about 45%

I'd agree mag/cal def, also you said you like fans are they blowing directly on your girl? because that will help dry her leaves out.
If she was my girl, I would add some epsom salt to the feed @ 1 small/level teaspoon per liter, or foliage feed her with epsom salt @ 1/2 a teaspoon per liter. It may be worth adding some garden lime to your soil in future.
P.S if you do use epsom salts dissolve in a bit of warm water first then add to feed
K V

You said your P.h was 6.5 was that with a meter or liquid/strip test kit ? potash is K right ? the necrotic bit by stem looks like K def to me, ignore the bit about p.h i was think out loud your nutes look like grow nutes to me have you got any bloom nutes something with less n and more pk ? if you do i would use that.
K V

Thanks Karma V, I have taken the fan off of her for a couple of days now, added some moisture to the room and going to start a new feed today. She looks happier already, she smells great. I leave the closet door open so I can enjoy her scent. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom