Help me with my setup

if you really wanted to put some shiny paper up you can go with mylar, or emergency blankets. but stay away from the aluminum foil.

Ok thanks for helping Avert catastrophe! I'm gonna rip the foil down this morn!! Should be starting my grow soon my babies should be here this week I'll start postin pics then to make it easier to see what's goin on..... Thanks for the advice 68...... You by any chance have a 68, I think that's the best lookin car they ever made!

remember,
you r welcome!
take your time and dont try to hard! over watering plagues the eager early grower!
yes my good grower i do have a bitches 68, pushen 480 hp and 465 ft lb @ 5100 rpm. its almost done. i thought i should put a 12 pt roll cage!
peace
growing in soil its not wise to go below 5.8ph
hydro you can go 5.5ph
feed every other watering. usually! unless you plan on using some space age wonder.
have fun!

Ok thx guys gonna go with the flat white seeing as how the closet is already painted that color......

yea i have a 480hp and 465 ftib of tq. little ride i call not finished yet!
im in the process of a 12 pt roll cage! its sounds so mean, like its going to jump up and bite your as-! scared the chit out of my son when it was on the dyno! lol
my car is a simple coupe, it came with thein line 6 and it was toast. not the car i wanted but its getting closer to it! just not fast enough!
peace
the flat white paint is only points away from the mylar when it comes down to their reflective properties. your lighting should have no problems delivering the lumans!
heat is that a problem?

Ok kind seed kinda slow so lemme give u the run down..... I have 18 seedling from bagseed. Both from pretty good herb atleast I enjoy it.... But I have 9 that seem to be from indica dominant and 9 from a saliva dominant (atleast I geuss that from effects I felt) all are still new sprouts , it's day three from germination and a few are starting to shed the shell. I have 2 indica and 2 saliva in a dwc setup with rockwool and hydroton.... Other 14 are in 2 liter pots with a mix of potting soil vermiculite( u spell it without looking at bag! Lol).... Got my 1000 watt MH running at 50% power on 18/6 cycle. I have added a little root booster( about 1/10th) of recommended bc I don't really wanna add nutes until I feel they are no longer fragile and clinging to life. My temps are running a bit high.... About 96 with closet shut so I blacked out the whole room so I can leave closet door open to help cool it.... I've got it now where in middle of day cycle it gets up to 86-88 degrees and down to about 72 during night cycle. I have heard alot about temps being too hot, but I'm from the gulf coast and have grown outdoors for years and it typically will have atleast 15-30 of 100+ heat during my outside grows and I have never had problems besides needs to frequently water. All looks to be off to good start I talked to the seedlings and they seem happy!! Oooo and one big surprise!!! My brother found 4 seeds in a qp of blue Hawaiian so I have those soaked and jus put into soul this morning!!!! So I have a total of 22 to be looking for in the coming days!!! Anybody want pics or anything pm me ur email or phone number if u like.... I do all this from my phone so pics are a pain for me.

15-30 days of 100+ temps during summer.... And I will be transplanting to 3 gallon pots in 1-2 weeks..... Should I use 3 or 5 gallon pots anysuggestions? And also I was wondering are all 3-5 gallon pots the same? Outdoors I use 5 gallon bucket so I feel I need sumthing that deep atleast

I would wait more then 2 weeks to transplant into that big of a container...wait until the roots hit the bottom of whatever they are in now...and there's a difference between high temps outdoors and high temps indoors in my opinion due to constant co2 and breezes outdoors and unless your supplementing with co2 indoors then indoor plants can't take that kind of heat but that's just my opinion good luck

Yes I have co2 kit from exhale and thanks for transplanting tip, I normally transfer into 5 gallon outside as soon as they are about 6-9 inches tall.... And I'm hoping that in 2 weeks they will be ready to transfer bc I think they should outgrow their pots by then! I did think that it should br cooler inside than it is for growing outside but I think an average of 85 during day and about 68-72 at night..... I cut fan off at night for now bc it gets down in low 60 wit fan on...... On into April this won't be a factor and nigt time temps will probably be about 75...... So do you guys think that an average high of 86 and low of 72-74 will be ok??

cooler of some type, night time temps need to cool off a bit. my setup is in the basement, concrete walls and cool temps year round. it does a cannabis plant good!
i do not use heater even when temps are 0 degrees outside.
temps.
the higher the temps. the more co2?
when is to much? i dont use it. maybe i should

My night temps are getting down to 60.... Average of 64 I'd say the high during day cycle is about 88-90.... 90 is a high I'd say average in day is 86 I'm keeping fan on almost 24 hrs a day... Moved my light up to 75% strength they are between 2-4 inches some starting to grow the second set of leaves.... I have 3 blue Hawaiian 9 UKW indicas and 9UKW sativas..... The dwc setup is a slow grow so far with only two making it out of rockwool so far.... I'm thinking screw this dwc shit I'm sticking to my fucking dirt!

thats quite a swing from day to night
do you gave fans blowing 24hrs?
the temp swing shouldnt exceed 15 degrees, after that it starts effecting growth rate. if theres a high humidity or even a mild one. mold could also be more prevalent
peace

Yea the swing was due to fan bein on during night cycle..... Turning it off has helpedthat still down to 67-70 but the last few days I've been checking temps 4 timesduring day cycle and twice during night.... My day cycle has seemed to cool down some I'm seeing more of 76-84 type temps and 66-70 during night.... I think I am seeing fluxes bc of outside temps... Also been making an effort to keep room better ventilated my opening all the way up during day cycle and keeping the door to that room open so the heat dissapates more and isn't stuck in that room. Everything seems to be a ok so far all seem pretty happy.... I can definetly say that I'm no expert but I have started to come up with a few ideas and therories of my own and so far everything is ok.... I have four in 2 liter pots and 10 in 10oz cups any suggestions on how long to wait to transfer?

2 liter pots. make sure the pots are black. no light and they will absorb heat to help the root system
let the plant tell you, the plant will suck up water and neuts. quickly. depending on the size the smaller the container the sooner i transplant. the plant has to be growing very quickly, if you notice the growth has slowed the plant is prob. root bound to a certain extent. i try and transplant before this happens, it slows the growth down and extends the finish time. you can transplant after being root bound, it takes longer for the growth to start again.
never transplant and then put into flwr. make all alterations and transplants before inducing flwr. on last transplant give it 10 days to 14 days to recover. then put into flower. doing it before has detrimental effects on the plants ability to form larger more robust flowers!
the cups
i use solo cups, and 4' florescent shop lights. they have been in the solo cups since the 24 of feb. they will need transplanted very soon. they are also beautiful with 3 to 4 sets of different branches and only 5 to 6 inches tall. very healthy!

down load to the computer and then browse from this site to find, then load

Ok well these are biodegradable compost cups and I transferred one last night to a one gallon pot roots were starting to circle cup..... Gonna transfer all by Tuesday..... Ok I'm showing signs of sum type of stress I think? One plant we'll call 1A the very bottom first set of leaves are curling bad, two others we will call 2A and 1B are showing a yellowness down the middle vein of the first set of leaves.... The second and third set of leaves are fine on all flowers is this a normal thing or is it an oncoming problem? At this point the ones in the cups need to be transferred soon and ones in two liter pots will need by end of week, I transferred one of each to get an idea of the roots depth and the cups are soon to be root bound and two liters are maybe 4 inches from bottom. My main concern is the curling and yellowing of leaves any thoughts

My night temps are getting down to 60.... Average of 64 I'd say the high during day cycle is about 88-90.... 90 is a high I'd say average in day is 86 I'm keeping fan on almost 24 hrs a day... Moved my light up to 75% strength they are between 2-4 inches some starting to grow the second set of leaves.... I have 3 blue Hawaiian 9 UKW indicas and 9UKW sativas..... The dwc setup is a slow grow so far with only two making it out of rockwool so far.... I'm thinking screw this dwc shit I'm sticking to my fucking dirt!

I know you here the same thing I do about heat issues, but I recall reading a post I think you made about growing outside in the heat, and I am of the same mind set, or I was. It just seems that when outside temps in the summer are 80's and 90's and cause no problems at all other than the plants needing more water, and this is true with most plants. Only thing is I'm thinking growing inside makes the difference in heat becoming a factor at say 90 or so, that and humidity. I guess we'll see how it works out huh? LOL and I really wanted to say I'm with ya on the dirt thing..... I feel right at home with dirt, I want to try hydro at some point...but dirt is the shit man...:peace:

Ok well these are biodegradable compost cups and I transferred one last night to a one gallon pot roots were starting to circle cup..... Gonna transfer all by Tuesday..... Ok I'm showing signs of sum type of stress I think? One plant we'll call 1A the very bottom first set of leaves are curling bad, two others we will call 2A and 1B are showing a yellowness down the middle vein of the first set of leaves.... The second and third set of leaves are fine on all flowers is this a normal thing or is it an oncoming problem? At this point the ones in the cups need to be transferred soon and ones in two liter pots will need by end of week, I transferred one of each to get an idea of the roots depth and the cups are soon to be root bound and two liters are maybe 4 inches from bottom. My main concern is the curling and yellowing of leaves any thoughts

Damn I knew I should have taken pics of my boys babies....I'll try to explain to you what I have found to be a problem with some of these things, bear in mind, 1# I'm on my meds LOL and I don't know a lot, but I have read my ass off, 420 is a gold mine! also I have gardened for years outside, but mostly veggies and flowers.

This is what I have found to be the issue with curling (downward) or drooping leaves...Needs water, if you watch the plants outside in the summer, my hydrangea is a great example of this, on hot summer days if it has not rained in about 3 days and I don't water, the leaves really droop, to the point of looking almost dead, but add some water and she'll pop back up in under an hour. I do the same thing with my friends plants, I let them show me when they are thirsty, or hungry for that matter, I learn some very important things like this, how often to feed/water, and what the plant looks like when it needs either thing. I always start out slow, give it just a little water and see how it responses in an hour or so, if its lack of water the leaves will start to lift up within 12 hours or so max 24 I'd say, with improvement in as little as an hour.

I went into the water thing so much I left out the root thing LOL a plant will also show signs of drooping leaves when it is becoming root bound, what I found is even the top leaves start having a droopy look to them, I'll ask my buddy to snap a pick of one thats doing this, we trans planted one last night and this morning it looks like a different plant, the leaves have all lifted up, a note on this, a little water would make the plant look better, but it was taking to much water, and you run a high risk of root rot like that, ALMOST killed the only real medical plant I have, all the others are from mid grade bag weed. I had it in an old jiffy seed sprouting plug, I reused one from stuff that didn't take last year, veggies, flowers, well I left it in that plug for awhile, but I found it shriveled up because the 400w MH would dry the plug out fast, so I sat it in a jar top with water in it..ROOT ROT, lucky with some love and care she pulled through.

Yellowing of leaves can be a few things, to much water, or not enough food, or too much light. Again, by waiting to feed the plant, until I saw signs of it needing nutrition, I learned what it looked like when it was lacking nutes, the leaves towards the bottom will yellow a little, the round ones will die off, these are signs of its time too feed. Yellowing at the top of the plant only may be to much light, it will start to become bleached looking, my friends looked really cool LOL but we knew it had to be moved away from the light or it would start to cause problems.

I hope this helped a little, I did get a few pic's and I'll try to post them later....:peace:

Well I slacked off the watering and it helped still have a bit of yellowing but no curling, my temps are cool right now 66-85 is norm for night and day respectively... I am in process of transplanting all plants..... I think that I jus needed to pay more attn to my babies instead of trying to do it by book and trying a little to hard.... That being said I almost killed a few with lack of water waiting for signs to water lmao the rockwool in dwc setup dried out and they looked fuckin doa!!! But I hit em wit water and no shit 5 mins later them bitches were reaching for the sky!! This was so shocking now my GF ain't like u fuckin wit them plants again, she's like let's go check the plants lol.... Also I've read that when watering u should do so until water runs freely thru holes in bottom..... If u do that more than once a week they probably won't take it too well.... My tend to take a light daily watering better.... With feeding about every 10 days

Well I'm at 9 plants now all are doing crazy good all under one foot with 12 or so branchs easy not quit sure but they ate starting to show signs of female preflowers

Back
Top Bottom