Help me with my soil mix!

nimaorange

hey iv been reading alot of soil mixes and most of them seem the same to me or i cant differentiate between organic and normal. I am going to be making a mix of the usual stuff like 50 % peat moss 25 % worm casting and 25 percent of perlite. Now with this i am going to add 1 cup 20 lb kelp , 20 lb dolomite lime , 20 lb dried bone meal , 10 lb rock phospate and 25 lb of calcium chips or chicken food. Then i will mix all together and moisten and let it sit for 3 weeks. Now the problem i have is What is the difference between organic and normal? is it the soil mix or is it the ferts that u use? Also when you feed them with nutes every other watering Is it the FERTS u use to feed now makes it either organic or chemicalized? I am planning to do an organic one but I am also going to do a few chemicals one to see if i can see the difference in taste between them. I may be use a 2 part A+B nutes which i have heard is good for organic and not too over complicated. If i used another "chemical" fert it would change my plant from an organic to a normal one right???? Are teas helpful? And wud using an ozone generator + a carbon scrubber help with odour or having just a carbon scrubber is neccesary. I know all of my Q are not Soil related so sorry! :p

Btw i am going to use Normal everyday soil to start them off and at What day/stage should i move them from basic crappy soil and cheap 30 w CFL to my very own soil mix and a 400 w hid?

50% peat moss might be a little bit too much. it's a good basis for a good soil mix of of any kind, but I'd stick to around 25-30%. I'd also leave the dolomite lime out and replace it with good compost or garden soil with humic acid added, but it's your call. If anything was processed using chemicals, it cannot be considered 100% organic to respond to your other question.

Back
Top Bottom