Help - Need to transplant Soil to Hydro during Veg - Is it possible?

YAYA420

Hello.
I have searched the forum for my answer and havent found any updated information that seems to help answer my question/ concern.

I have been used to growing in rockwool ( hydro) and recently experimented with DWC. My partner for some reason thought that the plants were not doing well and transplanted them into soil to help them recover. I personally did not think this was a good idea, but let her to do it anyways for the sake of avoiding an argument. ( I like to base my arguments on facts).
Because we have grown some seeds in soil, they look very strong and healthy and she felt that this could be possible with the transplanted plants.

But I did not know that she was using the same nutrient calculations that we used for HYDRO. So from what I have been reading is that the calculations / PPM count should be FAR LESS for soil. Week 2 Veg for hydro we have a 1000 ppm but I have read over and over that for soil it should be around 400-500. And also the PH for soil is 6.5 but we have been used to 5.7- 5.9 ph with hydro. When I used a ph meter for soil it read 7.8 ( LOCKOUT numbers) and havent found a fast remedy for this without having to FLUSH for a week or 2.

I can already foresee soooo many problems we are going to run into with this SOIL. My question is, IS IT possible to transplant from the SOIL back into HYDRO ( not rockwool, but rather the HYRDOTON clay pellets) and go back to what we are used to without SERIOUS ADVERSE reaction from the plant?

Re: Help.. Need to transplant Soil to Hydro during Veg.. Is it possible?

There's a thread somewhere in here from a couple months ago that touches on this. Don't have time to dig it up right now and I don't do Hydro yet, but basically the answer, from someone who has done it, was that yes you can do it no problem. Just wash the roots off completely -be careful getting the roots back into the Hydroton, and it might take them a week at most to recover. Like I said I don't do Hydro but I think your PPM calculations are the other way around and it should be higher for soil

Back
Top Bottom