HELP! Nutrient Deficiency Leaves

VladimirPutin

Hello elite growers at 420. I have this plant that shows some deficiency on the leaf. I just contacted the hydrofarm dealer to confirm if this 3 part hydroponic nutrient solution contains cal and mag. waiting to confirm

The grow is hydro type DWC, net pot with coco coir
The PH is 5.7-6.0
The Nutrient is 3 part, veg + micro + bloom
lights 24/0
room temp 64 F
roots are healthy and white and proliferous
plant is sativa dominant, strain unknown, colombian.
there is a fan blowing on the plant all the time
the light is ceramic metal halide, 12 " above canopy
The feeding increment is once per 2 weeks. 6 liters of water dosed to manufacturer recommendation.
The plant has been using the same nutes freshly mixed 7 days ago. Res topped up with PH'd water unchlorinated.

So what kind of deficiency is this??
IMG-20150622-00662.jpg
IMG-20150622-00663.jpg

Thanks Nutty Professor

Here's one more detail, the leaves become crunchy and dry around the brown spots. I will shut down the ceramic metal halide and take another picture.

Looks like cal/mag is the problem. I will get a couple of pics up in a moment.

Is there something simple to pick up at the pharmacy that will supplement my calcium and magnesium? I've googled about it but I'd rather go with good 420 advice :thumb:

calcium-deficiency-cannabis_0.jpg

Problem: Calcium is an important nutrient which helps provide structure to the cannabis plant and helps it withstand stress like from heat.

A cannabis calcium deficiency can sometimes be difficult to diagnose since calcium deficiencies are often accompanied by magnesium, iron, and/or other deficiencies.

Calcium moves relatively slowly through the plant (it is a semi-mobile nutrient), which means it tends to "stay put" after it's been given to a leaf.

Because of this, calcium deficiencies tend to show up in newer growth (upper leaves) and middle vegetative growth.

Picture of a calcium deficiency on a cannabis leaf - white background so you can clearly see the brown spots - calcium deficiencies appear on the upper leaves (new growth)

Calcium Deficiencies Appear on Relatively New Growth

Calcium deficiencies tend to appear on newer or growing leaves, which means calcium deficiencies first appear on leaves where there's rapid vegetative growth.

Some of the most noticeable signs of a calcium deficiency will appear on newer or growing leaves which may display:

Dead spots
Crinkling
Spotting / Mottling
Small brown spots
Stunted growth
Small or distorted new leaves
Curled tips
Leaf die-off
Affected leaves may appear dark green besides the spots

cannabis-magnesium-deficiency-200x200.jpg

Problem: A light green or yellow coloring will begin to show on the veins and edges of the lower & older leaves - this is one of the classic signs of cannabis magnesium deficiency.

Cannabis magnesium deficiency - yellowing in between veins on older leavesMagnesium is a mobile nutrient, which means that the plant can move it from old leaves to new leaves.

If you don't react to it promptly, a cannabis magnesium defiency can spiral out of control and cause your plant to lose a lot of lower leaves quickly. The plant will pull magnesium out of older leaves and bring them to the newer leaves. That's why a magnesium deficiency usually appears towards the bottom of the plant and on older, less important leaves.

The edges of the leaves may become yellow or bright green and may start feeling crispy to the touch. This crispiness around the edges is different from nutrient burn, which does not lighten the margins inside the leaves.

Sometimes you will also get light brown spotting within the margins or along the edges if the problem continues to get worse, though this may be partially other deficiencies, which often happen alongside a magnesium defiency.

Magnesium deficiencies are easy to prevent and fix once you know what to do. Read on below to learn how.

This marijuana leaf is showing signs of a magnesium deficiencyThis cannabis leaf is showing signs of a magnesium deficiencyMore information about magnesium and growing marijuana

Solution For Magnesium Deficiency in Cannabis

Your cannabis plant may show signs of a magnesium deficiency if the pH at the roots is too low, especially in hydro. That is because when the pH of your root zone is not in the correct range, your cannabis cannot properly absorb magnesium through the roots.

Often with this deficiency, the magnesium is present, but the roots cannot absorb the magnesium properly due to an improper pH. Therefore it is very important to maintain the correct pH (and make sure the pH does get to low / acidic) in order to avoid a magnesium deficiency.

These were not my words but pasted from another site.

I hope this helps and the information comes from a site where they claim you can GROW WEED EASY and they have a dot com site :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you, +Reps. I guess I better go out tomorrow and buy a digital PH meter before I start worrying if ca or mag is missing. Thanks comrades

Thanks again Med Farmer and NuttyProfessor. An update, I confirmed that the pen will be here this afternoon to measure pH, plus I am buying some magnesium sulfate as an added insurance. 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon per 5 liters.

Vlad

Back
Top Bottom