Help On Buying Vaporizer

Boomba_Star

What would be some good vaporizer for the price range of $100-200...I also saw some vaporizers at my local smoke shop for about $75-$150, but I am not too sure if it is quality...

btw does are all vaporizers different or are some better than others?

thanks

Quality depends on the company...The Volcano is the best vaporizer, but its really expensive. I have a vapor genie and I love it!

Try our sponsers!
420 Magazine - Sponsors
Several of them sell vaporizers.

Best is a relative term depending on your specific needs. I suppose the first choice to be made is whether you want a small portable, or a 110v bound home unit.
I started my serious search at the beginning of this year for home units, and bought in April/May. I was not looking at portables.

In general, forget the soldering iron/light bulb types, and get something that is glass-on-glass with a ceramic heating element.

Many tout the Volcano, but I was overly unimpressed for my needs. Not just the obvious price, but the maintenance and the noise were just to much. With the fan going, and the crinkling bag inflating/deflating, you can forget stealth use. Sounds like you are wrestling an aluminum foil roll at 3am when you can't sleep but everyone else could. You can't completely clean the thing and get it back together in less than 2-4hrs, so plan a free afternoon on a regular basis depending on use, to keep your valves and such from failing. I decided that it is a great party machine and I will be glad to puff as long as someone else owns and maintains it.
That led me to the hotbox types made of everything from wood to ceramic tiles. All of these have a great drawback, being the heater element angle at ninety degrees. When pushing your wand up for a draw, powder or lose pack will roll right into the heater tube not only crapping up your element, but wasting that herb in a puff. A friend's also gave me additional doubts, as you could clearly taste some kind of adhesive fume through his. We ended up taking it out of service just to take a look see. It turned out that the heating elements electronics had been embedded in some stuff to keep it in place on structure and would get hot enough to outgas right into the boxes chamber. Nasty, don't have a clue as to what he has been inhaling along with the intended product. Point being, you need to really pay some attention to how the unit is constructed. That's hard to do without taking it apart, and only leaves you talking to the manufacturer who probably won't disclose any known downside. I also don't mean to slam these as a whole either, another friend has been using his for several years now without problem. A lot of guys in this forum use them with success.

I ended up buying the SSV Silver Surfer by 7th Floor with no regrets to date. It addressed almost all of my concerns and distinctly handled the construction/geometry issues. Glass-on-glass, ceramic element, seperate heating element from control electronics and wand angle with downward slope pretty much sums it up. About the only thing it does not have is a digital display, which I feel is more window dressing than anything. There is no chart of temperature or specific setting anyone can give you for any particular bowl you pack. It all depends on varibles like moisture content, density, pack and such. Spinning the knob on the SSV to the 1 O'clock position is just as effective as setting some particular digital setting. You then tweek both to the herb in the bowl at the time. As a bonus, the accessories available in custom glass are as awesome as any bong, bubbler or spoon, letting you customize to whatever level your pocket book can stand.

i bought a demo herbleair from vaporstore.com and am satisfied with it dont forget to see if they still have 10% off for 420magazine members which puts that unit demo + discount into your figures of 200 or less as its also free shipping
Wink

Back
Top Bottom