Help please: Cal/Mag def? Lockout?

radius of pot in inches squared( x itself)
multiy x 3.14
muliply that by depth

divide by 231 (cubic inches in a gallon)

this gives you actual volume in gallons:)

Hahahahahhaha. Ok so it should be 7.996 which is 8. So 8 gallon pots. How much water should I be feeding those pots then? And when I do the tea thingy do I do the same amount of tea? So I do get proper runoff and stuff as well?

By the looks of it now, I think I am under watering them? Since I am only giving each plant 1.5 litres per feeding. Boy do I suck :(

Hahahahahhaha. Ok so it should be 7.996 which is 8. So 8 gallon pots. How much water should I be feeding those pots then? And when I do the tea thingy do I do the same amount of tea? So I do get proper runoff and stuff as well?

By the looks of it now, I think I am under watering them? Since I am only giving each plant 1.5 litres per feeding. Boy do I suck :(
yea bro sounds about right and yes you probably are under but thats ok, maybe not though, depends on the amount of retention. regardless, do as we discussed, and yea i like to feed with tea full amount of water. get alot in there and be consistently/evenly distributed:)

yea bro sounds about right and yes you probably are under but thats ok, maybe not though, depends on the amount of retention. regardless, do as we discussed, and yea i like to feed with tea full amount of water. get alot in there and be consistently/evenly distributed:)
Just finished making my setup to brew some tea... Pics coming shortly

K So I went out today to get supplies needed to make up a tea to try and help my babies out. As per all your great advice and help. here is what I did. Hope all looks good and I get the approval from you guys :)

Had EWC still so grabbed that, some curtain from the wife a bucket and some zipties.

IMG_0792.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0798.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg
IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0806.jpg
IMG_0807.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0809.jpg

Made 5 tea bags of EWC. Figured this would be the best way to keep the water fairly clean...

Next 16 Litres of water. Used springwater today. I don't have RO and didn't want to wait for the tap water to sit for 24 hours and get out the chlorine. Picked up some Kelp from Reno (I hear its pretty good) and mixed 20ml of kelp to the 16L of water.
IMG_0795.jpg
IMG_0797.jpg

While that was sitting in the bottles, I got my 5 Gallon bucket cleaned it out and started to figure out how to hook up a pump and stuff.... Picked these up at the local pet store.

IMG_0799.jpg
IMG_0800.jpg

Drilled some holes in the side of the bucket to attach the manifold, hooked up the air lines and stones and placed them on the bottom of the bucket. Then I stacked the teabags on top of the stones but left the stones exposed so the could air well.
IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Last steps. I filled it up with the Kelp water, hooked up the pump, plugged it in and woot woot!!!! it is bubbling and I hope it is brewing :)

IMG_0822.jpg
IMG_0823.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg

I will let it go for 24 hours and then give the babies a nice loooong feed. Make sure the soil is well saturated this time ;)

Many thanks again everyone for your help with this. I will keep you all posted how things are going.

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 33
feed plants in your yard too! enjoy:) meter your teas, dont worry about ph ing your teas unless its way off. add ph adjuster just before you water. microbes in the castings, live in ph 6-8 mainly and 7 is ideal( neutral)

Back
Top Bottom