Help please - Leaf issues?

Honz

I everyone, I am having some concern over a few issues with leaves on my plants. I am grilling in Fox Farms happy frog soil. Plants have been getting cal mag supplement with every watering for the past two weeks and I started very low dose of nutes also. I have had a few signs of worms but spraying some organic insecticide took care of that. I'm also spraying neem oil about once a week. Given three applications of neem oil so far. Watering has been with or a water that's why I've started adding count mag. Can you give too much? I've been following the dosage recommended.
image14089.jpeg

More pictures to follow

Re: Help please: leaf issues.

Stop spraying crap on your plants to start Honz!

There is no need to spray anything on plants once cuttings are rooted and I don't even spray them.

If anything your plants are showing signs of nute burn from the Happy Frog soil, A common occurrence, and you are making it worse with the extra calmag that they rarely need with rich soils like HF. How calmag became the supplement to go for is beyond me and much over-used by nOObs. The brown spots are most likely from spray sitting too long or even overlapping leaves that cause what I call leaf sweat where expelled water from the stomata from one leaf overlapping the other causes what looks like a light burn.

What kind of water are you using and why are you spraying neem with no evidence of bug damage?

A couple of bad leaves on an otherwise healthy plant is no cause for alarm. Would you freak out over a pimple on your ass? ;)

The slightly cupped edges with the burnt tips is indicative of early nute burn/toxic salts buildup tho so cut out the calmag and sprays is my advice. If using tap water a medium flush won't hurt either.

Good luck and good growing!

:peace:

Re: Help please: leaf issues.

Thanks oldmeduser. I'm using RO water. I had read that mag deficiency can happen when using RO water and a friend had also told me the same thing. As far as the neem oil and worm spray, I started using because I definitely had something eating leaves and I also had a couple of moths in the room. when I mentioned this to the local hydro store they told me it is worms eating the leaves and they turn into the moths!
It's easy to get conflicting info! I chose to grow in soil because it's more forgiving and naturally has nutes and everything a plant needs. But then I read and here that calmag deficiency can be an issue with using RO water.

I will go back to RO water only!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom