help plz new to hydro

crafty 1

hi all i been growing in soil 4 a while now ,but got given a 50l nft system so basically i took some cuttings last week 2 have rooted ive put them in rockwool cubes set my system up ,and put them in ,my questions i have are do i leave the pump on all time or do i set it to so many hrs , i have it on every 4 hrs ,4 15mins ,and also wat temp shud the water be as it got a heater in the tank and its on 23 /thanx no doubt ill have other questons later on in the grow ,like why did they die lol ,:surf:ps i think i posted this in the right place

While N.F.T. systems are one of the oldest hydroponic system and can provide you with very high yields of crops and vegetables, the system is very susceptible to power outages and pump failures. With the pump perpetually on to provide the plant roots with a constant flow of nutrients, it may fail over the course of its life because of such pro-longed usage. Added with the possible use of hard water where you will get precipitation of salt added into the solution, the pump will give up with the build up of salts and calcium. You may also run the risk of roots drying out rapidly when the flow of nutrient solution is interrupted due to pump failure. You can overcome pump failure by cleaning and maintaining the pump regularly.

I hope that helps...

You should however read this...

If you are a new comer in hydroponics gardening, you should try out one of the many other types of hydroponic system before going into NFT systems. There passive an d active system available, and within these systems there are several sub-types. These include: Flood and Drain (or Ebb and Flow), Deep Water Culture (DWC), Drip feeding, Wick feeding, Nutrient Film Technique (NFT), and Aeroponics. This article touches on the construction of a DIY Nutrient Film Technique (NFT) system.

I will pm you the link where I found this... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom