Help Quick! Plants may be dying!

Ace

I have one female outdoors right now, probably in the 2nd to 4th week of floering, I'm not real sure(started showing white hairs early August I believe). Right now I give it nutes once a week. I started by giving them 1/8 tsp of Kool Bloom(2-45-28) then 1/4 and my last nutes were just under 1/2 for every gallon.I pour the whole gallon on to, and AROUND the plant in abut a 4-5 foot radius. It has been doing perfectly fine until I checked it today. Most of the fan leaves are turning yellow. They are not wiltering of browning, or curling, they are just turning yellow with brown spots on some. It has been raining like crazy( I live in florida) and was wondering what the problem is? If it's going to die I need to know soon so I can harvest what I got so far(not a whole lot). Please tell me what this could be.

Thanks

Re: Help Quick!!! Plants may be dying!!!!

DEFICIENCIES OF NUTRIENT ELEMENTS IN MARIJUANA
Suspected Element +----------------------+---+---+---+----+----+----+----+---+----+---+------+
| Symptoms | N | P | K | Mg | Fe | Cu | Zn | B | Mo | Mn| Over |
| | | | | | | | | | | |Fertil|
+----------------------+---+---+---+----+----+----+----+---+----+---+------+
| Yellowing of: | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | | | |
| Younger leaves | | | | | X | | | | | X | |
| Middle leaves | | | | | | | | | X | | |
| Older leaves | X | | X | X | | | X | | | | |
| Between veins | | | | X | | | | | | X | |
| Old leaves drop | X | | | | | | | | | | |
| Leaf Curl Over | | | | X | | | | | | | |
| Leaf Curl Under | | | X | | | X | | | | | X |
| Leaf tips burn | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | | | |
| Younger leaves | | | | | | | | X | | | |
| Older leaves | X | | | | | | X | | | | |
| Young leaves wrinkle | | | | | | | | | | | |
| and curl | | | X | | | | X | X | X | | |
| Necrosis | | | X | X | X | | X | | | X | |
| Leaf growth stunted | X | X | | | | | | | | | |
| Dark green/purplish | | | | | | | | | | | |
| leaves and stems | | X | | | | | | | | | |
| Pale green leaf color| X | | | | | | | | X | | |
| Mottling | | | | | | | X | | | | |
| Spindly | X | | | | | | | | | | |
| Soft stems | X | | X | | | | | | | | |
| Hard/brittle stems | | X | X | | | | | | | | |
| Growing tips die | | | X | | | | | X | | | |
| Stunted root growth | | X | | | | | | | | | |
| Wilting | | | | | | X | | | | | |

check this and see what your prob is.

srry about that messy table. its normal thats just what your plant is supposed to do during the last stages of flowering.

*Ace* said:
I have one female outdoors right now, probably in the 2nd to 4th week of floering, I'm not real sure(started showing white hairs early August I believe). Right now I give it nutes once a week. I started by giving them 1/8 tsp of Kool Bloom(2-45-28) then 1/4 and my last nutes were just under 1/2 for every gallon.I pour the whole gallon on to, and AROUND the plant in abut a 4-5 foot radius. It has been doing perfectly fine until I checked it today. Most of the fan leaves are turning yellow. They are not wiltering of browning, or curling, they are just turning yellow with brown spots on some. It has been raining like crazy( I live in florida) and was wondering what the problem is? If it's going to die I need to know soon so I can harvest what I got so far(not a whole lot). Please tell me what this could be.

Thanks

Need pics, If your getting alota rain you could be over watering, yellowing of leaves is a normal thing for MJ plants to do. Post pics so we can see what is going on with them.

I'll try and get pics today guys. I thought that maybe it was just because it's getting close to finish flowering, but the buds are still pretty small(if i'm lucky i'll get 7grams dry). I mean the plant is 3' tall, and has maybe grown 6" to 1' at the most since it started flowering. I thought plants almost tripled when flowering(i know they're exceptions such as if the plant is already really tall when you put it in flowering, but it was only like 2-2.5' when it staretd flowering), unless it'll start to really grow in the final weeks. I also don't think it's too much water. every since it was put in the ground it has been a victim to rain storms and lately a tropical depression and was doing fine. well, i guess we'll see what happens huh?:headbanger:

nutrient burn, back off on the ferts until you see the plants going back to normal.

Sorry still no pics. The leafs are still yellow with brownish,black spots covering them and will curl up and shrivel and are starting to fall off. I don't see anything wrong with the buds themselves yet. There has been a lot of water lately, and when I mean a lot, I mean a lot. Constant rains for a few weeks so far. The area around it has water visible on the surface and it's all muddy walking through there so I think maybe it's getting too much water? I won't water it this week or give it any nutes and see what happens. The buds are starting to increase in size still and seem healthy. They look and smell great. But I'll still try to get pictures.

/\/\/\/\ youve answered your own question, its overwatering. you could build a little moat of build up the soil around the plant so more water drains off. good luck with the bud

well doesnt it matter what species the plant is to determine whether the height will double or triple more double than triple but im pretty sure whether it is sativa or indica or a mixture of indica and sativa......./?

Mine started yellowing prolly a week ago and I decided to just pull them. They were close to finish anyway seeing as how I started reallllly early this year.

Well an update. I DO have pics, but there are not on my computer yet and I'm at work, so hopefully later today. The plants are still going good. I think it's just nature taking it's course. They seem to be healthy besides the yellow leaves and is still getting bigger. Hopefilly later today I can get the pics up.

Pics are waiting approval. I also included some nice bud shots

This plant is exhibiting a lack of N (nitrogen). The yellowing of the leaves is due to a lack of chlorophyll in them caused by nitrogen deficency, as well as the purpling of the stems and lower leaves. Also, your Kool Bloom (2-45-28) has next to NO nitrogen in it. By now the plant has used up all the nitrogen the soil has in it after the initial "stretch" during the first weeks of flowering. Couple the dying leaves with what you said was alot of rain and they begin to rot. The outcome, ugly brownspots on dying yellow leaves.

Since the plant is now fully budding, I would stop dumping whole gallons of water onto the plant to feed it everytime. I would ease up on the amount of water, and add in some soluable nitrogen, such as fish emulsion or high-nitrogen bat guano, along with your regular ferts. Mix proportions carefully! Trim the dead leaves off as well, they will only encourage mold.

On the flip side, the bud is nice due to a steady supply of P and K, and it is almost finished so perhaps it is best left to finish out it's life-cycle and better luck next time.

Can't put links to other pot forums Ace. Please review the rules. Its why I had to delete ur thread. To post pics here you must use our gallery, There is sticky thread in 420 related pics forum. Any Qs just pm me.

This is the top of the main cola
100_0724.jpg

This is a side view of the side buds
100_0722.jpg

Aerial view of main cola
100_0725.jpg

Another main cola shot
100_0726.jpg

Another Side Bud
100_0718.jpg

Main cola compared to my hand
100_0716.jpg

Top of a side bud
100_0711.jpg

You know you like cola's
100_0709.jpg

Another different sidebud
100_0705.jpg

I took a lot of cola shots
100_0723.jpg

My favorite
100_0712.jpg

Purple leaves?
100_0707.jpg

Better Picture
100_0701.jpg

Little sprout for the hell of it
100_0727.jpg

Damn yellow leaves
100_0699.jpg

100_0698.jpg

That's all. Enjoy!!!!

RangerDanger said:
The yellowing leaves are normal during flowering.
I'm confused. Most people either say it's normal or that it's nitrogen deficency? Which do you think it is?

RangerDanger said:
The yellowing leaves are normal during flowering.

Correct, older fan leaves typically turn yellow and die if not removed, however the addition of purpling stems and lower leaves elsewhere on the plant is a direct sign of nitrogen dificiency.

Also, Nirtogen is typically always the first thing that can get washed out of the soil by flushing. Alot of rain will do this as well.

This plant however is mostly done. Give it a good dose of Nitrogen, it can't hurt it, only help.

Back
Top Bottom