Help seedling

afkafkafk

hello im going to start growing with seeds..how far should my 400 watt be from the 1 inch rockwool when the seedling pops out the rockwool..also should i put a dome over the seedling when it pops out or no? and when should i start using my heating pad.

Re: HELP HELP seedling

When I use seed, I don't personally use a dome over them, just make sure to keep your RW wet. I don't like the domes as I think they promote stem rot and I haven't seen an advantage to it.

The heating pad I use from day one, it's really helps to get those young roots heading in the right direction... down!

As for the 400 watter... I don't like them for seedlings, if you can come up w/some HO flouros and use them for the first couple of weeks you would be money ahead.

If you have to put them under the 400, try 3 or 4 ft w/a fan on pointing at the light to keep the heat off the plant... especially in RW as it gives up its moisture easily.

Hello i just went out and bought a 24 watt t5 for my seedling i pretty much got it hanging under my 400 watt mh its about 5.5 feet under my 400 watt..should i also turn the 400 watt on even though i got the 24 watt t5 2 inchs away from my seedling and my 400 watt 5.5 feet above

T5 would be just find. lower the t5 to about 2 to 3 inches to the plant. Don't use a dome when the seed sprouts. Don;t turn on 400 watt light as of yet, she is still young, after a week or 2 she will be ready for the 400 watt.

Back
Top Bottom