Help seedlings leaves are burning? Pics

Kush Cough

rsz_1burn_victum.jpg

rsz_triple_light.jpg

This is the setup I have going in my cabinet, its my first grow and im trying hard to get it right. My seedlings are begining to burn and shrivil at the tip of the main leaves and I need help. Here is a little backround on the grow. Yesterday I changed out three 23" T5 lights which emit 18 watts each for the six florescent 100 watt bulbs which you see in the photo. The seedlings had been showing signs of "burning" for two or three days before i did the light switch. The seedlings are growing in a peat-based mix with perlite and the perlite is even burning as seen in the photo. I have not yet fertilized because i was trying to decide which to use i settled on fox farm grow big to start using. I was hoping someone can help with ideas how to stop the spread of the burn. I tried trimming it off but it is still getting worse should I cut off the main florescents and just use my side T5's? any ideas? Thanks

Hey i have a few more questions if someone could help me out with. Should I trim the dying part of the leaf off even though the leaf is real small still or will this hurt the seedling? And would it be better to move these seedling outdoors until they get healthy or will raising the lights be sufficent? Thanks for all your help

Hey i have a few more questions if someone could help me out with. Should I trim the dying part of the leaf off even though the leaf is real small still or will this hurt the seedling? And would it be better to move these seedling outdoors until they get healthy or will raising the lights be sufficent? Thanks for all your help

If the plant was mine I would leave it be. If the leaf falls off on it's own or it pops off when lightly touched that's fine.
I would go with raising the lights. The mid Summer Sun is more than likely way too strong for a young seedling and will nuke it in minutes.
You're doing fine with the cfls for this stage of growth. Flos are great for seedlings. :xmas:

i had that same problem..i was apx 1.5''-3'' away with the cfl and i was only usin 2- 65watts...And they burnt..Now i know 5-6'' maybe even 8'' away play with it i take it..then when the plants are 6'-7'' tall u can move lights closer i take it..Thankyou...!

Hey standupman I have been doing lot of homework on the subject and im pretty sure it was wind burn in my case. In Jorge Cervantes growers bible he says to keep cfl real close like 2'' from the top of the plant. mine were like 8'' away o it shouldn't have burned them but it did cause major streching. Im now using a dwc hydroponic sytem I homemade and will next grow use a Deep Water Culture sytem.

too close, back em off and let em cool off is my guess. unless you dumped massive nutrients in the soil and you have chemical burn. if its new soil then it shouldnt be the case.

Help my seedlings leafs are curling down is that normal? i started them in 1/4 nutrients in my dwc and figure that that was too much to soon so i switch to just to ph water 5.5 - 6.0 Any help?

plant70.JPG

photo55.JPG

rsz_1burn_victum.jpg

rsz_triple_light.jpg

This is the setup I have going in my cabinet, its my first grow and im trying hard to get it right. My seedlings are begining to burn and shrivil at the tip of the main leaves and I need help. Here is a little backround on the grow. Yesterday I changed out three 23" T5 lights which emit 18 watts each for the six florescent 100 watt bulbs which you see in the photo. The seedlings had been showing signs of "burning" for two or three days before i did the light switch. The seedlings are growing in a peat-based mix with perlite and the perlite is even burning as seen in the photo. I have not yet fertilized because i was trying to decide which to use i settled on fox farm grow big to start using. I was hoping someone can help with ideas how to stop the spread of the burn. I tried trimming it off but it is still getting worse should I cut off the main florescents and just use my side T5's? any ideas? Thanks

The screw in CFL's look to be 2700k light spectrum...They should be 6500k during veg....Plant is also getting the wrong light. May slow recovery time down...

Back
Top Bottom