Help! Too Much Heat! - Light Advice

shtuyos

Hello, I builded a wood indoor, here is the draw (its ugly but understandable), it has:
-2 Rooms Veg-Flower divided by wood shelf with holes to let the air go up, veg room is bottom 90 cm and flower room is up 115 cm.
- 1 x Exhaust Centrifugal Fan (Dospel VK 100) 290 M3/h, Connected with a carbon filter 200 m3/h. (up left in draw, i have a little wood shelf supporting the filter and the exhaust)
- 1 x Intake Fan (not sure but around) 180m3/h, with a Two Way Divider one goes to veg room and the other to flower room (Bottom left in draw, the one which goes to veg is bigger so a lot more new air there)
- 1 x 250 Watts Hps with reflector in flower room.
- 7 x 42 Watts CFL Cool White About 2500 Lumens each a total of 17.500, 4 of them are mounted on a table with chains for height control and 3 of them are fixed to the closet backwall at the highest point (chained table bottom right and fixed cfl in the middle in the draw, I plan to have to mothers in the back)
-3 fans for air circulation, 2 small clip fan those typical for growing in veg room, and one axial inline fan 150mm around 240 m3/h (was an exhaust fan) flower room pointing hps bulb.
-all the indoor have heat reflectors in the walls as reflector material
(like this one: https://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0...r-Windshield-Block-font-b-Sun-b-font-font.jpg

Got 8 plants from seeds 4 are flowering now and 4 are vegging in 7 liters pots.

I believe the air system its not a bad one, however i cant get good temps down 28 C° sometimes the indoor even goes to 32 C° a lot of air circulation inside, I measure the temp at cannopy level in the middle.

Also in the veg room its enough light? the distance from chained table to plants its about 7 cm, and the fixed maybe 20 or 25 Cm (the mother are soon reaching those lights!)

25kprwx.jpg

28c is fine if you have watering system because 28c keeps the plant thirsty and some suggest to do that in order to increase plants growth. Try testing temps in the mid and in the bottom of the plant (where not exposed to direct light) and get the correct values. You might need better air suction

25kprwx.jpg
[/QUOTE]

if your grow cabinet is not tight the fans will draw air threw the gaps instead of out of the room.

If everything is tight and you are drawing cold air from the or near the base I can only think of two options.

1. The warm is is recycling from fan to fan

2. Your fan is too small/weak. Is it designed for the job ?

If your set up is sound then You will have to upgrade the fan systems , for that you could buy a little bit bigger/powerful exhaust fan and use the current exhaust as your intake fan.

Having a speed control would be icing on the cake and come in very handy for fine tuning as the weather changes.

Your old exhaust fan (if you choose to upgrade) could be used to blow air directly into the top chamber , as long as the intake vents for the bottom are in place.

I use 3 identical 250 cfm fans *on speed control* for my 2x4 x6 cabinet. (60cm x 120cm x 180 cm)
2 to exhaust with carbon and 1 for intake.

My temps are 3 degrees warmer in the cabinet.

I had a very similar rig, especially the lights, and heat was a consistent problem except in winter. I eventually bought a variable speed exhaust fan rated at 800 cfm, and run it at about 40%. It dropped my HPS/CFL heat about 8 degrees Fahrenheit. A couple of years later, I switched out lighting to LED (a whole debate in and of itself), and dropped another 9 degrees Fahrenheit. The Cabinet now runs 3 degrees warmer than the ambient air temp unless I need it warmer. I would suggest a bigger and badder exhaust fan, it really made a difference in my setup. Cost was around $150 for fan/carbon/speed control.

Best Of Buds

JB

Back
Top Bottom