Help with ballast

NOOBTUBE

I bought a ballast and light off a mate and he gave me a hps bulb wit it.. its a 250w light but on the ballast it say on a metal plate 250(3.0) MH/HPS. Does this mean that i could also put a metal halide bulb in the fixture?? I just taught id ask before i go buying a bulb! :roorrip:

Re: help wit ballast

I bought a ballast and light off a mate and he gave me a hps bulb wit it.. its a 250w light but on the ballast it say on a metal plate 250(3.0) MH/HPS. Does this mean that i could also put a metal halide bulb in the fixture?? I just taught id ask before i go buying a bulb! :roorrip:

does it really say that or is there a place to check either one. don;t switchable ballasts have an actual switch on them.

like this one here...notice the switch....sodium ballasts have and extra part in it and they cannot run each others bulbs unless it has a switch...

yhst-43407113301415_2098_146430673.gif

no ders no switch on this 1 iv read about d switch one's dats why i taught id ask.. ders just a plate screwed on it dat says power plant horticultural lighting ballast then underneath dat in a seperate box says 250(3.0) MH/HPS.. im worried now whether to buy a mh bulb or not?? if i knew how to post a picture i would so you could see 4 yourself..

does it really say that or is there a place to check either one. don;t switchable ballasts have an actual switch on them.

Ahh, great point! You mean a "generic" metal identification plate, which they might use the same plate with either model (MH or HPS).

LED, he's overseas for us, you think there might be a European model that does the switch "automatically" somehow? Just a thought. Otherwise there would definitely have to be a switch, correct?

SF

Ahh, great point! You mean a "generic" metal identification plate, which they might use the same plate with either model (MH or HPS).

LED, he's overseas for us, you think there might be a European model that does the switch "automatically" somehow? Just a thought. Otherwise there would definitely have to be a switch, correct?

SF

Mine has one and I can't see them not having them since like I said the sodium has an egnitor in it while the mh doesn't need it. unless there's a switch to tell the ballast what your going to use, I just can see it working.

no ders no switch on this 1 iv read about d switch one's dats why i taught id ask.. ders just a plate screwed on it dat says power plant horticultural lighting ballast then underneath dat in a seperate box says 250(3.0) MH/HPS.. im worried now whether to buy a mh bulb or not?? if i knew how to post a picture i would so you could see 4 yourself..

do you have a make or model #

could it break the ballast if i did try a metal halide bulb in it?? and if it is only a hps ballast why even mention mh on the ballast is wat im thinkin.. well if i find out how to post a picture i will and maybe someone could tell me more cz ders no serial # and my m8 cant remember the manufacturer..

could it break the ballast if i did try a metal halide bulb in it?? and if it is only a hps ballast why even mention mh on the ballast is wat im thinkin.. well if i find out how to post a picture i will and maybe someone could tell me more cz ders no serial # and my m8 cant remember the manufacturer..

nothing wrong with vegging with hps mate.

i know you can veg with hps but my growspace is a darkroom dr60 which is only 41/2 feet tall and i read somewhere dat the plants grow a bit leggy under hps in veg is this true? i think the manufacturer's name might be powerplant not 2 sure tho

@That Boydean. dont mean to hijack the thread but could you tell us the diffrenece btween a switchable HPS/MH and Digital Ballast. It seems that the Digitals will run both HPS and MH but I dont want to purchase one and be wrong.

led iv just read through dat link u posted.. it doesn't mention if der ballasts can run both mh and hps bulbs! @ dean are you in europe? + do u use a digital ballast or mechanical?

Back
Top Bottom