Help with CFL

atro

Hi guys, I'm going to start growing soon, and after a lot of resarching, I can never get a clear answer and im hoping you guys can clear it up.

I'm planning on growing 1-2 plants inside a growing tent 0.9m x 0.6m x 0.9m. I understand that during the vegetation process 5600k is used, then the 2700k is used for the flower process.
I'm wondering how many watts do the CFL bulbs have to be, and how many will I need for my plants.

Thanks!

Hi Atro...it's the same kind of answer you get if you ask how big a sailboat I need or how big a RV or how powerful a gaming PC---the answer is always as big as and as much as you can afford. The more light the better as long as you can control the heat.

I've grown once with CFLs and it ws a successful grow. I don't know exactly how many watts I used but it was not more than 200w. I used small watt lights (13 watt and 23w) and placed them around my plant where they needed the light. My box was 4 feet X 2 feet X 3 feet ( I'm too lazy to switch to metric, lol)

If you can get say 2 X 150w CFLs or 10 X 25 watts it will be worth your while. The lights must all be placed very close to the plant and you have to monitor and adjust them every day. Maybe some other people will help you out too but I'll say that I believe the minimum you could get away with would be 1 X 150 watts. Keep in mind that people have grown 2 plants in a PC box with way less light than that. No reason to make it hard on yourself though.

i agree with clancy.

i would start with six small cfls these are the ones i use.
0081465.jpg

or a 300watt dual spectrum which heat might be an issue in the space.

i got 8 small cfls and 1 300watt dual spectrum cfl in my space ship which is. 5 feet long 3 feet wide and 4 feet 4 inches high. (like clancy i prefer pounds and ounces lol).

bearing in mind i lose some height inside due to raising and lowering light set up say 5 - 6 inches. also i`am at top end of temperature scale especially grow stage in summer. grow stage in winter time is good.

all the best and regards

What i use for my flowering cab is 8 x 26w or maybe they were 23w either way I use that in a Rubbermaid growbox

The 150w CFL will out perform 4-5 smaller lights at a further distance. If you're just vegging and have a small grow... use the 4 26w CFLs. If it's larger than 3 feet, go with a 100-150w CFL for up to 5 feet of growth.

Back
Top Bottom