Help with macro photos

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
I have a dig cam and was wanting help with macro photos for 420 pix. I get some incredible medical marijuana and wanted to take pix, but have had problems with consistency in lighting and focus (a few have turned out great, but I have no idea why, being a photo novice). I set the cam to macro and have played with flash lighting - but the barrel of the lens gets in the way, causing a shadow (its one of the super-zooms). Also tried ambient lighting, but the colors don't show very well. Focus seems to be hit and miss as to if I'm getting the crystals. This is on a Sony H-1

Any tips? I've also tried a digi cam without the lens barrel (Olympus 1030), but don't get great results with it either.

Maybe I need a newer cam - or just something actually made for macro photography....I got this cam when I upgraded my wife's, and her new one has a special macro adapter....I was just hoping to avoid using her cam.

Sorry for rambling...all help appreciated.

:peace:

You might try using a mirror or white board to reflect the flash - macros can be tough though, especially if the depth of field is short - you can only get one distance in focus at a time.

I'd love to get one of the newer cameras with a macro function - so much easier.

Back
Top Bottom