EugeneGreen

sorry if this is in the wrong feed... but I need help with my first plant. I left for a couple days, leaving my friend in charge and she just about killed her... typical rookie mistake of "doin too much". we saw bugs so she decided to buy Safer brand insect killing soap... not my idea!! I just made this account from my phone so I don't know how to post pictures... the soil feels over watered but the leaves look dry, wilted, and dark in color... I'll do what it takes to rescue my first born!! email me and I'll show pictures

acgdub@yahoo.com

peace and love people!! :* :*

Re: Help!!

ok you need to be able to provide pictures so we can help diagnose.

exactly what spray did you use on the pests. a google link would be ideal.

in the first instance i would buy some hydrogen peroxide ASAP, you should be able to get it at the local pharmacy as a mouthwash or something at 3,6 or 9% strength. mix this with water 1/4 or 1/8 or 1/12 respectively.

water with this water, at this concentration there is enough h202 to kill a lot of bugs, especially gnat larvae in the soil, this will also oxygenate the soil which is exactly what you need if the plant has been over watered to the point of suffocation (wet soil but thirsty looking plant) and it neutralises things like chlorine if you have been watering with tap water without leaving it stand for 12 hours to dechlorinate.

we desperatly need pictures of the plant.
we also need to know things like its age, what soil its in, what food your using, what lights, how often do you water.

many plant symptoms look the same with different causes so its easy to misdiagnose without sufficient facts =)

Back
Top Bottom