Help

jpa975

My plants start good then they start to dry & leaves curl. It's a DWC aeroponic system. Ph at 6.5, using advance nutrients products, i tried different medium & lights, sun lamps, full spectrum all with the same out come. I'm at a loss... I'm even have a couple in soil that are starting to do the same thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Thanks I'll try that. I have a fan that goes in to the room & another that goes out of it. I have even started collecting different systems with hope that one of them would change the results.

I even added extra insulation, thinking that it was getting to cold at night. The light cycle is 18/6, the off time is during the hot time of day.

Heya Jpa,

Word of advice. Calm down. Your next four months will be fraught with horror, confusion, trepedation, anguish, and much more, hopefully all culminating in well deserved satisfaction, accomplishment, and bliss.

DWC at 6.5 you've definately locked out nutrients with the ph that high. Don't "try it" , "DOOO EET!". The good news is, in a day or few, the plants should recover, hydro the results of changes can be evident in hours, soil measure that in days.

It's a safe bet to say everything you are seeing is the result of too high Ph (99.637% probable according to my cat, and she's a siamese, when she gives an opinion, it's usually well educated), as you can see on this chart, 6.5 ph in hydro locks out most of the nutrients your plant needs. So get your ph to 5.6 to get some mn uptake, then shoot for 5.6-5.8 ph. Then you can start to address any deficiecies that may occur. But with good nutes, and the right ph, the only time your plant will look sick is final days of flower, and that's a good thing then.

ph_for_soil_hydro.gif

No problem, now you have time to read up on things like venting and everything else lol..
:nomo:

Barring disease, hydro is as simple as it can get if you don't have a green thumb*. Hit the numbers, and you'll harvest. Yield and taste comes with your 2nd grow and beyond.

*growers with green thumbs never check ph, never feed, toss seeds in random piles of dirt and have bumper harvests 3/4 faster than anyone else.

My plants start good then they start to dry & leaves curl. It's a DWC aeroponic system. Ph at 6.5, using advance nutrients products, i tried different medium & lights, sun lamps, full spectrum all with the same out come. I'm at a loss... I'm even have a couple in soil that are starting to do the same thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

What's actually going on with your plants? Can we see a picture? or at least get a description of the symptoms?

it was definitely pH. Good job fixing it and good advice above. Here is another chart :)

Probably, but I didn't read one thing about temperature, nutrients, or PPM, and "lights, sun lamps, full spectrum" was all there was concerning the type and amount of light. Obviously 6.5 is too high for DCW (although it's great for soil), but what if there are other things going on? You can't deny that fixing the pH in this case might not completely fix jpa975's problems. My point is that without pictures or without even a physical description of the symptoms, fixing the pH is just an over-all good suggestion, not necessarily the answer to the problem.

Probably, but I didn't read one thing about temperature, nutrients, or PPM, and "lights, sun lamps, full spectrum" was all there was concerning the type and amount of light. Obviously 6.5 is too high for DCW (although it's great for soil), but what if there are other things going on? You can't deny that fixing the pH in this case might not completely fix jpa975's problems. My point is that without pictures or without even a physical description of the symptoms, fixing the pH is just an over-all good suggestion, not necessarily the answer to the problem.

just a very good educated guess. I have been advising growers for a long time on other forums.. have seen this many times before. You're right, I could have been wrong... but that one glaring error was enough for me to take that leap. Sorry if that bothers some...

Not to come off sounding like I know what I'm doing since this is the end of my first grow (curing as we speak!!), but this is kind of a no brainer, because I have 30 years experience doing this sort of thing. To be Spockish, it's simple logic.

If a parameter that affects almost every other aspect of the system is off, to diagnose any problem with the system, that failure must be corrected before you can accurately diagnose any other problem.

In this case, the only logical course of action is to correct the ph which is clearly off, and then address any other problems.

For the plants in soil that are starting to have the same problems, that is not so easy to answer without additional information.

Not to come off sounding like I know what I'm doing since this is the end of my first grow (curing as we speak!!), but this is kind of a no brainer, because I have 30 years experience doing this sort of thing. To be Spockish, it's simple logic.

If a parameter that affects almost every other aspect of the system is off, to diagnose any problem with the system, that failure must be corrected before you can accurately diagnose any other problem.

In this case, the only logical course of action is to correct the ph which is clearly off, and then address any other problems.

For the plants in soil that are starting to have the same problems, that is not so easy to answer without additional information.

I think if the pH was 7 or 8, then it would be a no brainer, but several years ago, I accidentally run my DWC's in the 6-7 range all the way through harvest and the plants really didn't look that bad. I'm still maintaining that we need to see a picture or at the very least, a physical description of the problems. The leaves on this plant could literally look like anything, and pretty much the only information we have is the pH and the fact that it's happening in soil and DWC. I'm not saying that the pH isn't the problem, I just think jumping to conclusions based on such little information isn't the right way to go about it.

Ah missed this reply. You make valid points, but you're totally expertgeeking on a new grower in a panic making a very basic mistake. ;3

I want a update from JPA!!

Back
Top Bottom