Help!

How bad does it smell? Those roots don't look bad depending on the nutes and additives you are using. some of that is likely to be nute staining not rot.

I can say I have never seen someone grow without a medium like that. What got you to do that? I can think of a few reasons why that is not a good idea.

How high do you let the res get? are you making sure it never gets up to the net pots? It could be that without the medium your roots are not getting enough oxygen and are not dry enough and the very top in the basket is rotten. It could be that is all clumped together and not getting any air and that is killing the plants chances of absorbing the nutes.

The water level is only about 5-6 inches deep.....there is a pump that pumps it up, hits the underside of lid than fans off the lid and sprays onto the top of the basket.....the pump turn s on once an hour.... The top of the roots deffanatly get dry enough......sooo I was looking at cervntes grow bible and I saw a picture in there and came up with the idea.....I deffanatly think my problems are coming from the nutrient levals......way to high.....well I think.....today they were 620 ppm.....to high right?...... Why wouldn't it work? I'll take pics of the pump and inside of container tomorrow......don't the roots in a dwc constantly stay in water?..... This is like a top feed dwc cross I guess...

I also have two air stones in each res.....and ya.....water leal stays about 6 inches deep...its a 40 gallon tote and I keep 8-10 in it.....

I misunderstood...let me reread that and try to understand...

And I do know about slime. I have saved many grows on here with that tea.

So DWC only works if the water is highly aerated. You need air pumps in the water otherwise the roots will drown and die and rot and cause problems. All other forms of hydro have the roots mostly in air. The only way DWC can work is with lots of air and most people try to get as much air in there as possible by adding excessive air stones and pumps.

I have some controversial opinions about that I wont share but you need a lot of air in a DWC no 2 ways about it. So are you saying you have 2 air stones in each growing res?

Yours sounds like more like a bubbler bucket where the water is in another res and once an hour a pump turns on pushing the water into the growing tote and then it goes back into the none growing res after some time. That is not DWC. That will have different dynamics but we can still figure this out. That is more like a flood and drain type.

Yeah I think I said a while back that to run it perpetually in veg you want it lower like 400-500 but no big dealio. Maybe that was a different thread... I post a lot. :)

I think not having a medium is the problem and the roots are bunching up together and not getting air when the water level drops.

Yaaaa......aaaaaa no separate res.....what u see is wat u get......I'll take pics tomorrow and show you......its been working for like a year now....do nft have anything in bottom of rails?

naw they don't need it because the water flow is enough to aerate it and it is not always on.

Yeah I am just not understanding how you have a 40 gallon res at is 8 inches deep and the pump turns on once an hour. That sounds like Aero without sprayers and running it like RDWC without a res.

Anyway try the tea. If it is an infection that will clear it up. If it is not an infection well then that wont help. But I am not certain of the dose if the res is only a few gallons that is awful low.

Back
Top Bottom